Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Carried Away with Goodies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/carried-away-goodies-t258134.html)

nanacc 12-12-2014 10:15 PM

Carried Away with Goodies

Does anyone else get carried away preparing goodies for gift trays like my DD and I do?
I'm not doing as much as I usually do, but there are a few things that everyone expects.
So far i've made....Zucchini Loaf(small loaves)
Fresh Apple Loaf(sm loaves)
Sugar-free chocolate chip cookies(hubby has almost wiped them out)
Date Cookies
Rum Cookies
Soft Ginger Cookies
Hot & Spicy Cracker Mix
Still got a list to go...certainly cannot forget Peanut Brittle and Fudge!
Oh, and tomorrow I will can Salsa.

Teddybear Lady 12-12-2014 10:53 PM

My mom can't stop making banana nut bread. Every time she gets some bananas, she makes this stuff. I have two loaves in my freezer and I don't know how many she has. Everyone in the family can expect some banana nut bread this Christmas. Mom is 80 and daddy is 83 and they are still making candy and cooking for the holidays. I am blessed to still have them.

barking-rabbit 12-12-2014 11:05 PM

I usually do fudge for my co workers. I lost that job and have decided not to do fudge for the new job. My husband was just put on medication for diabetes so no peanut brittle for him. I'm also over weight too.

Edie 12-13-2014 04:51 AM

Peanut Butter Kisses
Choc chip
sugar
snickerdoodles
white choc macadamia
molasses
Banana nut Bread
Cranberry nut bread
Zucchini nut bread
Toffee Bars
Eggnog Bread

I also got a cake recipe that I am drooling over and think I will make that too. It is Eggnog White Chocolate Streusel Cake. I got it on line - just google it. Sounds really good and I love eggnog!

That'll feed the neighbors for Christmas - most work,, some are men that don't make cookies, but love them. I have been doing this for about ten years now and have a blast doing it.

So that is starting today.

Edie

Billi 12-13-2014 05:47 AM

This year we agreed to scale way down Sunday my oldest is coming over and we will be making
6 batches of fudges each batch makes just over 5 pounds of candy :-0
3 batches of haystacks probably another 7 pounds total weight
and 300+ mama Kat cookies.

We are not making:
peanut butter cups
chocolate turtles
trail mix clusters
sugar cookies
snickerdoodes
fruit cake
or
divinity (this one because my recipe is missing)

Kath12 12-13-2014 07:23 AM

My grandkids requested popcorn balls so I guess I'll need to do this.
I also have made:
sugar cookies
snickerdoodles
chocolate dipped candy canes and pretzels
candy cane blossom cookies
divinity
peanut butter cups

wendiq 12-13-2014 08:09 AM

I use to make a lot, but have reduced it down to making just one cookie/candy and one small bread loaf. I find that people don't eat as much as they used to. When I worked, I took goodies in one day for the group. I'm retired now, old and just don't want to eat all that many sweets. Once the Holidays are over, I quit eating the "bad/good" stuff and seriously eat much better!
I did have a friend with MS that insisted she make over a dozen different types of cookies every year. Nearly killed her each year, but for her, it was tradition and meant Christmas. I think she is the one that made me realize, I didn't need to do this same kind of thing.

AZ Jane 12-13-2014 08:14 AM

It is the season. I'm not a big baker but I could make something new each night?? More recipes popping up on the internet????

SewExtremeSeams 12-13-2014 09:00 AM

This week I made my annual 12x15 pan of Baklava. I have been making it for about 30 years. I love sharing it with others since it make wayyyy too much for just the two of us.

Quilter 53 12-13-2014 09:07 AM

Every year on Black Friday, instead of shopping, DD and I make cookies. This year we made 13 batches of cookies and a batch of pumpkin fudge. We make the cookies smaller than the recipe calls for and then we each take half. She fills gift bags for her co-workers. This year there were 21 co-workers. Half of my share gets mailed to the other DD and family in MD. They all keep well in the freezer, so I only bring a few out at a time for DH and I to indulge.