Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Christmas Candy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/christmas-candy-t236772.html)

true4uca 12-15-2013 12:59 PM

Christmas Candy

Not sure of the name (google let me down). I'll describe what I remember. Using soda crackers as base you cover them with white choc. & dark choc. melted together I think in the oven. Anyone remember these. The name is lurking in my brain but won't come out. grin.

Dee Anna 12-15-2013 01:09 PM

google cracker candy you'll get several recipes

mcwillia 12-15-2013 01:14 PM

Chocolate Bark
3/4 cup brown sugar (can use granulated sugar)
3/4 cup real butter
12 oz. chocolate chips
about 40 Saltine crackers

Line a large jelly roll pan (one with sides) with foil. Cover with soda crackers. Boil brown sugar and butter together 3 minutes (start timing when it starts boiling). Pour over crackers. Bake 6 to 7 minutes at 375 degrees. While hot, pour chocolate chips on top. Smooth over. Let cool, then freeze for several hours. Break into pieces.

true4uca 12-15-2013 01:39 PM

Thank you, that's the one I'm thinking about.It always amazes me when someone knows just what I'm talking about from my not so good descriptions.
Again thank you so much
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Originally Posted by mcwillia (Post 6458071)
Chocolate Bark
3/4 cup real butter
12 oz. chocolate chips

Line a large jelly roll pan (one with sides) with foil. Cover with soda crackers. Boil brown sugar and butter together 3 minutes (start timing when it starts boiling). Pour over crackers. Bake 6 to 7 minutes at 375 degrees. While hot, pour chocolate chips on top. Smooth over. Let cool, then freeze for several hours. Break into pieces.

lynnie 12-15-2013 02:20 PM

I've had it with mini m & m's, and also with coconut. no matter how you make them...yummmmmm

Elise1 12-15-2013 02:58 PM

Chopped nuts on top is another good option.

Murphy1 12-15-2013 06:43 PM

Wow I need to make this and I have all the ingredients.

Originally Posted by mcwillia (Post 6458071)
Chocolate Bark
3/4 cup real butter
12 oz. chocolate chips

SewExtremeSeams 12-15-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 (Post 6458460)
Wow I need to make this and I have all the ingredients.

I'm with you Murphy... it sounds so yummy, think I will have to make some too!

meanmom 12-16-2013 05:17 AM

The recipe Murphy listed is awesome. My family calls it crack, because once you start eating it you can't stop. You can also do the same thing with pretzels, then sprinkle the top with some coarse sea salt.

toverly 12-16-2013 12:33 PM

Just made it. Turned out wonderful, I made it with white chocolate chips and Christmas sprinkles. They didn't melt like the chocolate but it's okay, it tastes great. So if you use white chocolate, melt it before you pour it on.