Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Christmas Cooking (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/christmas-cooking-t293448.html)

youngduncan 12-21-2017 04:02 AM

I have made more Chex Party Mix this year than I ever have, and there is never any of it around -- the whole family likes it so much. I've done fudge and reindeer bait and moose poop for my wife to take to work. My daughter has given all three to her fellow teachers as holiday gifts, too. I still have lots of ingredients for more party mix and more fudge -- so many that I haven't seen the counter top in weeks!! This retirement "stuff" is really great -- and still enough time to make blankets as Christmas gifts and piece a couple of quilt tops.

jmoore 12-21-2017 04:05 AM

You seem very talented...and your goodies look delightful. I love to bake but since it is just my husband and I and I work out at the YMCA 3 or 4 times a week, I don’t need the temptation hanging around the house. LOL

meanmom 12-21-2017 05:03 AM

Wow Betty your baking looks delicious. I have cut way back on my baking. My DH and I don't need to be eating it. I have made 4 kinds of cookies this year. I have one more I would like to bake. I will see if I have time.

red-warrior 12-21-2017 06:06 AM

Everything looks professional and delicious!!!

tropit 12-21-2017 06:47 AM

Your baked goods are gorgeous! I'd love to be on the receiving end of your holiday baking! We don't go all out for sweet, baked goods during Christmas, but we do make a couple of kinds of cookies: Chocolate Ginger cookies (Martha) and Mexican wedding cakes are standards. My daughter and I usually make them together. We used to do the traditional, decorated, sugar cookies, but the kids are grown now, so I'm a little relieved that mess is over and done. I still have blue stains from the food coloring on a few of my linens.

~ C

farmquilter 12-21-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by youngduncan (Post 7966925)
I have made more Chex Party Mix this year than I ever have, and there is never any of it around -- the whole family likes it so much. I've done fudge and reindeer bait and moose poop for my wife to take to work. My daughter has given all three to her fellow teachers as holiday gifts, too. I still have lots of ingredients for more party mix and more fudge -- so many that I haven't seen the counter top in weeks!! This retirement "stuff" is really great -- and still enough time to make blankets as Christmas gifts and piece a couple of quilt tops.

What recipe do you use for the Chex mix. I saw one online, somewhere, that uses dill in the spices. Need to find it as my one GD loves dill pickles.
You have been busy in the kitchen and making gifts.

trolleystation 12-21-2017 08:57 AM

A wonderful, tasty Christmas is in store for you and your family. Great that you are keeping up with the family traditions

Boston1954 12-21-2017 09:23 AM

I made Pfeffernusse, oatmeal cookies, and spiced raisins.

RedGarnet222 12-21-2017 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by kristijoy (Post 7966789)
Oh these are so beautiful!!! I love to see others baking traditions. We do Christmas cookies here of various types. I'm trying to avoid chocolate right now so I've been digging out old family recipes that have butter and nuts! :)

My husband's heritage is German, but it's been several generations since his family line has been in the United States. I wish I had a good recipe to make Lebkuchen, but we usually end up buying it in packages.

recipegoldmine.com has a good one if you want to make them Kristi.

RedGarnet222 12-21-2017 10:28 AM

Betty!! Wow, you are so perfect with your decorated bake goods. I am very impressed indeed.