Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Easy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/cinnamon-swirl-bread-easy-t291978.html)

fruitloop 10-19-2017 10:41 AM

Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Easy!

I found this recipe posted here in 2011. I made it yesterday, in fact I made two loaves of it. All I can say is it's a hit with family and I will be giving homemade loaves as gifts too. The first loaf was eaten before it could get cool. The second loaf I saved until today and it slices much better. You have to try this. I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter because I love vanilla. If you want a great inexpensive thinking of you gift for the holidays this is it.

Cinnamon-Swirl Bread

1 1/3 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg (beaten)
1 c. milk
1/3 c. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Mix 1/3 c. sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir by hand just until moistened. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a knife through batter to marble.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.
It never lasts long enough to store over night at my house!

lwbuchholz 10-20-2017 05:07 AM

Makes me hungry! I will have to make some.
Lynda

Geri B 10-20-2017 05:35 AM

Yes, sounds good and quite easy...and no yeast..therefore I will save this recipe and give it a try! Thank So!

notmorecraft 10-20-2017 07:52 AM

Need to try this, I love cinnamon bread, sounds yummy.

Tartan 10-20-2017 07:54 AM

I will give it a try this weekend, thanks!

Boston1954 10-20-2017 09:53 AM

I would say that if it was eaten before it could cool off, that is definitely a hit! I will have to try this.

Dawn Marie 10-20-2017 10:06 AM

Here's another that's supper easy. Buy loaf of cinnamon bread. 2 eggs,1 cup milk, cream cheese.Walnuts to sprinkle over bread. Maple syrup, to spread over top.1/2 cup or more to your liking. Lay slices of cinnamon bread in pan,take cream cheese around bread. Take egg and milk whip it up. Pour over bread and let it soak in. Pour syrup over top and bake 350 for 45min or until done. You can add as much cream cheese and nuts as you like. You can add pumpkin spice for a different flavor. I use entire loaf of bread.If your using sm loaf.

mac 10-20-2017 10:54 AM

Wow! both of these recipes sound great. I can't believe that we are starting into the "add extra pounds" season.

I have lost over 50 pounds and these recipes are so tempting. I recently fell off the dieting band wagon and rolled a couple of miles. But I have to say, donuts just don't taste the same as they used to, however it was fun tasting them. I think that you have to splurge sometimes and these recipes might just be the ones that, well...

tranum 10-20-2017 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by mac (Post 7928251)
Wow! both of these recipes sound great. I can't believe that we are starting into the "add extra pounds" season.

I have lost over 50 pounds and these recipes are so tempting. I recently fell off the dieting band wagon and rolled a couple of miles. But I have to say, donuts just don't taste the same as they used to, however it was fun tasting them. I think that you have to splurge sometimes and these recipes might just be the ones that, well...

” Rolled a couple of miles “. That’s cute !

osewme 10-20-2017 01:36 PM

This sounds fantastic. I love cinnamon swirl bread but never buy it for myself. I will have to try this recipe. Thanks!