Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   crock pot/slow cooker chicken recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/crock-pot-slow-cooker-chicken-recipes-t233926.html)

raedar63 11-09-2013 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 6387047)
I make salsa chicken a little bit differently. I throw in frozen chicken breasts. Pour in some salsa and a can of drained black beans. Cook all day. Add 8 oz of cream cheese just before serving. Shred the chicken and serve as tacos or over rice. Sometimes I add taco seasoning or ranch dressing mix.

Mmmmm can't wait to try this one !

canmitch1971 11-09-2013 07:27 AM

If I am making a stew or something, I wash all my veggies and take everything I need to chop them up and sit down to do it.. a bowl, knife, cutting board etc. It is so much easier on my back.

QuiltE 11-09-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 6393895)
QuiltE I used your idea last night. I put chunks of carrots & onions on the bottom and four chicken thighs bone in with skin on and then topped them with about 2 TBSP each of antipasto. Cooked on low for about 6 hours. Before eating topped with the feta until melted, it was delicious served over rice, and the house smelled wonderful when we got home for dinner. Thanks for these great suggestions!

Glad it worked for you ... for me it's a great one for "let-me'sew" days. And then the bonus of leftovers for a few more days of good eating while sewing. Or to freeze.

BTW you can also do the rice in the bottom of that crock ... I forget, but think I pretty much used the same water/rice proportions as stove top, in the bottom. Then the rest on top.

Phyllis nm 11-10-2013 03:16 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I always set my CP in the sink to cook. I came home one day to a cracked pot!
The CP gets hot, if not in the sink set it in a roasting pan sitting on top of ceramic tiles so to save tour counter top.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-10-2013 03:47 PM

Chicken Pot Pie

Cut up some chicken breast and add to crockpot
Add can cream of chicken soup and 1 can of chicken broth.
Cut up some canned biscuits into about 4 pieces per biscuit.
Stick in a baggie with some poultry seasonings or garlic and onion powder. Shake to cover.
Drop the biscuits in the crockpot.
Stick on the lid and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.

The biscuits magically float to the top and turn into a gorgeous crust.

SemiSweet 11-10-2013 04:39 PM

You can throw in beef roast and cook it for 5-8 hours just like you would chicken. Just throw it in frozen or thawed and add water about halfway up. I cut about 5-6 carrots into 3" chunks and put that in there too for flavoring and to have my vegetable with my supper. Save the bones and put them back in over night with whatever broth was left in there and more water after you're done and then just strain it out the next morning for broth that you can freeze and use later for noodle soup!