Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Deviled eggs - egg salad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/deviled-eggs-egg-salad-t281559.html)

bearisgray 08-23-2016 07:00 AM

Deviled eggs - egg salad

What do you put in your deviled eggs and/or your egg salad?

Occasionally (okay, frequently) my "nice" egg whites get mangled, so my deviled eggs turn into egg salad - but it still tastes good.

For my easy egg salad for sandwiches - its chopped up hard-cooked eggs, Hellman's mayo, and sweet pickle relish.

The rest of the family is not as fond of the sweet pickle relish in the egg salad as I am, but - if I'm fixing it - they will eat it!

jbj137 08-23-2016 07:12 AM

*** Egg Salad: yellow mustard, DUKEs Mayo (ONLY), salt, pepper, & EITHER dill cubes or sweet cubes.
*** Deviled Eggs: the same minus the pickles.

*** Dukes Mayo is made in Greenville, SC by C.F. Sauer from a very old lady's recipe and it is the best made.
*** It is not sweet like Hellman's.
*** Most Southerners will not touch Hellman's.

Mariposa 08-23-2016 07:18 AM

My egg salad: chopped eggs, yellow mustard, mayo (at moment Best Foods Light), sweet relish, salt and pepper.

Deviled eggs: same minus the relish~

*Around here, we don't have Hellman's or Duke's~~ ;)

Cactus Stitchin 08-23-2016 07:20 AM

My deviled eggs and egg salad are made the same way; with minced celery (pealed first), green onion, thyme and a dollop of prepared mustard. Mayo is a battle my husband and I cannot resolve - I like Best Foods and my DH Miracle Whip. So, I use 1/4 Miracle Whip to 3/4 Best Foods to keep us both happy. Egg salad I put in a tiny amount paprika and deviled eggs I sprinkle lightly with paprika.

LavenderBlue 08-23-2016 07:34 AM

My deviled eggs are always received well. I don't care for chunks or pieces of anything in them. A couple of drops of Tabasco, a couple of drops Worcestershire sauce and enough mayo to nicely hold together - not too much as then they are soupy and unappealing. Paprika sprinkled on top.

Doggramma 08-23-2016 08:46 AM

I only use M. Whip and a touch of yellow mustard. The pickle relish sounds good. I'll have to try that.

crossginny 08-23-2016 08:51 AM

deviled eggs: Hellman's, salt and pepper
egg salad: Hellman's, onion, salt and pepper

toverly 08-23-2016 04:32 PM

Hellman's, yellow mustard, and dill relish, not sweet relish.

Edie 08-24-2016 02:16 AM

Miracle Whip, mustard to taste and the piece d'resistance - Horseradish sauce (just a teeny bit, the creamy stuff, not the ground stuff).Take it from a half Swede who knows her Deviled Eggs! Great Aunt Clara and Aunt Selma used to make the best egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs - same thing! Egg Salad used to be on Limpa Bread (a dark bread with the taste of Heaven. Edie

Battle Axe 08-24-2016 02:34 AM

Best deviled eggs I've ever had were recently at a dinner. She said Marzetti's Slaw Dressing instead of mayo. I found a jar of it at Walmart, but have not tried it.