Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Doesn't Everyone Know This? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/doesnt-everyone-know-t205167.html)

GABBYABBY 11-06-2012 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5636609)
I think that is hilarious! Don't you? What have these women been doing? ha,ha. Lena, I'm 83 and I tell my husband if we had a big recession, we could get by on beans and cornbread.

The people who were not raised in our era have no idea what good eating is!!! Beans and cornbread are
the best!!!

sparkys_mom 11-06-2012 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom (Post 5638265)
I hate wasting the last little bit in a bottle too. Has anyone noticed that in a pump bottle of lotion, it quits dispensing when there is at least an inch of lotion left in the bottle? Such a pain! So I heat it in the microwave nad pour it into something easier to empty. It is a hassle, but I am not throwing it out!

I store them upside down when that happens. Then I just unscrew the top, use the pump to dab some on my hands, put the top back on and move on. :D

alwayslearning 11-06-2012 05:10 AM

Perhaps, it has something to do with whether you were raised by parents who lived through the Depression, (I did), or people who think abundance is our right.

nygal 11-06-2012 06:00 AM

I knew it.

Neesie 11-06-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom (Post 5638265)
I hate wasting the last little bit in a bottle too. Has anyone noticed that in a pump bottle of lotion, it quits dispensing when there is at least an inch of lotion left in the bottle? Such a pain! So I heat it in the microwave nad pour it into something easier to empty. It is a hassle, but I am not throwing it out!

I just turn it upside down, set in a cup or something, until all the lotion/shampoo/soap runs to the top. Then I empty it into another container.

rebeljane 11-06-2012 06:46 AM

Wow I learned that tip from my Mother when I was about 4, she did it all the time. Can't believe people of that era did not know about it!

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 11-06-2012 07:20 AM

I do love Cooking Light. Just got a great deal on it for 2 years.

3TreeFrog 11-06-2012 07:21 AM

Hello

While I am in the 40 plus age group, I did indeed know that!

klutzyquilter 11-06-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5636609)
I think that is hilarious! Don't you? What have these women been doing? ha,ha. Lena, I'm 83 and I tell my husband if we had a big recession, we could get by on beans and cornbread.

:thumbup: just the thought of some beans and cornbread has made me want some !! :thumbup:

coopah 11-06-2012 08:04 AM

Doghouse Mom, your ice cube comment brought a belly laugh!! Love your humor!!

My mom still practices the thrift she grew up with in the Depression. My Dad could never refuse a "gift" of someone else's cast off(s), because it "might come in handy someday." I drive my husband nuts when I try to figure out how to reuse things that should be thrown out. It's just amazing how much the 70 and 80's babies don't know. They never had to learn.