Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Dump cake...easy to throw together! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/dump-cake-easy-throw-together-t111929.html)

Renee110 03-30-2011 05:01 AM

You need a 9 x 13 pan.

Dump 1 can of crushed pineapple, one can of cherry pie filling into pan. Dump one box of yellow cake mix on top. I like nuts so I dump a bag of walnuts on top of that. Cut 2 sticks of real butter into slices and dot the top of your dump pile. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This is like a cobbler. I use a spoon to scoop a bunch out and put on a plate. This is great with ice cream on top!

CarrieAnne 03-30-2011 05:17 AM

We love this too. Good with chocolate cake too!

erstan947 03-30-2011 05:58 AM

YUM!

kwhite 03-30-2011 06:03 AM

Ok I am not a cook, but I have to ask, Do you dump the dry cake mix ontop, or do you mix the batter per the box directions first??

hobo2000 03-30-2011 06:09 AM

You dump the dry mix on top. The juices from the fruit and filling plus the butter makes the mix into batter as it cooks.

BMP 03-30-2011 06:18 AM

MMMM the chocolate sounds really good, what fruit do you use for that???

irishrose 03-30-2011 09:58 AM

I only use 1 stick of butter and it's fine. I like to add some blueberries, too. In fact, that's the only way I like blueberries.

craftybear 03-30-2011 12:44 PM

thanks for the recipe, yummy

Originally Posted by Renee110
You need a 9 x 13 pan.

Dump 1 can of crushed pineapple, one can of cherry pie filling into pan. Dump one box of yellow cake mix on top. I like nuts so I dump a bag of walnuts on top of that. Cut 2 sticks of real butter into slices and dot the top of your dump pile. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This is like a cobbler. I use a spoon to scoop a bunch out and put on a plate. This is great with ice cream on top!

QuiltswithConvicts 03-31-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by BMP
MMMM the chocolate sounds really good, what fruit do you use for that???

I have tried all sorts of combinations:

Chocolate Cake Mix with 2 cans of cherry pie filling

Spice Cake Mix (or Carrot) with 2 cans Apple Pie Filling

When I made the first spice cake one, the cake mix remained in its original condition, so I began cutting the 1 1/2 sticks of butter into the cake mix with a pastry blender. Worked beautifully, so now I do that with every version I make.

DH is a diabetic, so I use the sugar free mixes by Pillsbury & they work beautifully! There are so many sugar free & no sugar added fruits/pie fillings that I can continue making these, even though there isn't a spice cake - yet. I am working on the correct proportions of spices into the yellow mix.

Edit: I always serve them with vanilla ice cream (sugar free now!)

angieh1964 03-31-2011 08:31 AM

i used to put the butter slices and then i started melting the butter and pour it on works much better and you can use margarine just use stick dont use spreads of any kind they wont brown too much water i always made it with the pineapple and cherry pie filling then found a recipe for a pumpkin one just make your pumpkin pie filling dump on the dry cake mix and walnuts or pecans we like pecans it is delish my family likes this one the besst and i am not a pumpkin pie fan but i love this sure makes thanksgiving much easier lol!