Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy dish for two (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-dish-two-t297444.html)

ptquilts 06-07-2018 04:19 AM

Easy dish for two

My step-mother got this recipe and I just started making it again after 45+ years. It's real easy.

Cut up one green pepper (must be green) and saute in oil. Add one small can of sliced mushrooms, drained. Add one can of tuna, drained. Add shredded cheddar cheese, enough to pull everything together when melted. Serve hot on toast.

Sorry, I don't know the name of it. I just love it though. Sometimes I add a little onion when sauteing the pepper. It would be good over cooked rice too.

Geri B 06-07-2018 04:46 AM

That sounds good..great summer type, quick tummy filler! Here's one from my dd...I did last nite and will definitely do again. Onto a piece of aluminum foil place 1 salmon steak, handful of whatever fresh veggies....I used the bagged fresh veggie mix from Walmart....I sprinkled with Bay seasoning,sprinkled with a bit olive oil cover and seal with another piece of foil, place on grill for 15-20 minutes......yummy!

tranum 06-07-2018 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 8072103)
That sounds good..great summer type, quick tummy filler! Here's one from my dd...I did last nite and will definitely do again. Onto a piece of aluminum foil place 1 salmon steak, handful of whatever fresh veggies....I used the bagged fresh veggie mix from Walmart....I sprinkled with Bay seasoning,sprinkled with a bit olive oil cover and seal with another piece of foil, place on grill for 15-20 minutes......yummy!

We took summer vacations and I always packed my 1 burner gas stove, ice chest and supplies such as paper plates, foil etc. Many times we’d buy salmon and fix this in a park. Instead of frozen vegs, I sliced potatoes and onions, baby carrots a dab of butter and season it well. We ate good, many times with a great view and saved a ton of money besides. We slept in small town motels and called it “car camping”.

Another camping favorite was boil a large kettle of water and add small potatoes, onion, carrots, corn on the cob (all from a produce stand) and ring bologna. Cook it all together in boiling water. Even tastes better with a nice view of a lake, etc.

SusieQOH 06-09-2018 10:56 AM

I love peppers but they don't love me back. Peppers and cucumbers are the only things that bother my stomach. I always pay when I indulge!
The recipe sounds great.

Jan in VA 06-09-2018 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8073472)
I love peppers but they don't love me back. Peppers and cucumbers are the only things that bother my stomach. I always pay when I indulge!
The recipe sounds great.

Cucumbers and raw peppers do me, too.
Cukes actually make me rather violently tummy ill. I have to really watch for them in purchased salads.
But I love and indulge in sauteed peppers in all sorts of things, even stuffed and baked if I parboil them a few minutes first.

Garden Gnome 06-09-2018 02:47 PM

ptquilts, your recipe reminds me of something my grade-school best friend's German mother made. I made it for years, too, and my kids have their own particular memories of it:

Mix a can of tuna with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and about a half can of milk. Spread the mix over 6 slices of bread placed in a 9" X 13" pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven till the mixture is starting to brown a little on top, and is bubbly. About 20 minutes. It is called tuna pizza, but you probably will need to eat it with a fork.

ptquilts 06-10-2018 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (Post 8073591)
ptquilts, your recipe reminds me of something my grade-school best friend's German mother made. I made it for years, too, and my kids have their own particular memories of it:

Mix a can of tuna with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and about a half can of milk. Spread the mix over 6 slices of bread placed in a 9" X 13" pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven till the mixture is starting to brown a little on top, and is bubbly. About 20 minutes. It is called tuna pizza, but you probably will need to eat it with a fork.

That sounds good and I have a can of soup in my cupboard!!

Geri B 06-10-2018 06:59 AM

What is ring Bologna?

Boston1954 06-15-2018 08:37 AM

Wow that sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing it.

tranum 06-15-2018 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 8073878)
What is ring Bologna?

At first I thought “maybe this is a Midwestern thing” but I goggled it and a picture came right up. Find it by the hotdogs.