Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Easy dish for two >

Easy dish for two

Easy dish for two

Old 06-07-2018, 04:19 AM

Default Easy dish for two

My step-mother got this recipe and I just started making it again after 45+ years. It's real easy.

Cut up one green pepper (must be green) and saute in oil. Add one small can of sliced mushrooms, drained. Add one can of tuna, drained. Add shredded cheddar cheese, enough to pull everything together when melted. Serve hot on toast.

Sorry, I don't know the name of it. I just love it though. Sometimes I add a little onion when sauteing the pepper. It would be good over cooked rice too.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:46 AM

That sounds good..great summer type, quick tummy filler! Here's one from my dd...I did last nite and will definitely do again. Onto a piece of aluminum foil place 1 salmon steak, handful of whatever fresh veggies....I used the bagged fresh veggie mix from Walmart....I sprinkled with Bay seasoning,sprinkled with a bit olive oil cover and seal with another piece of foil, place on grill for 15-20 minutes......yummy!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
That sounds good..great summer type, quick tummy filler! Here's one from my dd...I did last nite and will definitely do again. Onto a piece of aluminum foil place 1 salmon steak, handful of whatever fresh veggies....I used the bagged fresh veggie mix from Walmart....I sprinkled with Bay seasoning,sprinkled with a bit olive oil cover and seal with another piece of foil, place on grill for 15-20 minutes......yummy!
We took summer vacations and I always packed my 1 burner gas stove, ice chest and supplies such as paper plates, foil etc. Many times we’d buy salmon and fix this in a park. Instead of frozen vegs, I sliced potatoes and onions, baby carrots a dab of butter and season it well. We ate good, many times with a great view and saved a ton of money besides. We slept in small town motels and called it “car camping”.

Another camping favorite was boil a large kettle of water and add small potatoes, onion, carrots, corn on the cob (all from a produce stand) and ring bologna. Cook it all together in boiling water. Even tastes better with a nice view of a lake, etc.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

I love peppers but they don't love me back. Peppers and cucumbers are the only things that bother my stomach. I always pay when I indulge!
The recipe sounds great.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I love peppers but they don't love me back. Peppers and cucumbers are the only things that bother my stomach. I always pay when I indulge!
The recipe sounds great.
Cucumbers and raw peppers do me, too.
Cukes actually make me rather violently tummy ill. I have to really watch for them in purchased salads.
But I love and indulge in sauteed peppers in all sorts of things, even stuffed and baked if I parboil them a few minutes first.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:47 PM

ptquilts, your recipe reminds me of something my grade-school best friend's German mother made. I made it for years, too, and my kids have their own particular memories of it:

Mix a can of tuna with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and about a half can of milk. Spread the mix over 6 slices of bread placed in a 9" X 13" pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven till the mixture is starting to brown a little on top, and is bubbly. About 20 minutes. It is called tuna pizza, but you probably will need to eat it with a fork.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
ptquilts, your recipe reminds me of something my grade-school best friend's German mother made. I made it for years, too, and my kids have their own particular memories of it:

Mix a can of tuna with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and about a half can of milk. Spread the mix over 6 slices of bread placed in a 9" X 13" pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven till the mixture is starting to brown a little on top, and is bubbly. About 20 minutes. It is called tuna pizza, but you probably will need to eat it with a fork.
That sounds good and I have a can of soup in my cupboard!!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 AM

What is ring Bologna?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Wow that sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
What is ring Bologna?
At first I thought “maybe this is a Midwestern thing” but I goggled it and a picture came right up. Find it by the hotdogs.