View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 04:58 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
That sounds good..great summer type, quick tummy filler! Here's one from my dd...I did last nite and will definitely do again. Onto a piece of aluminum foil place 1 salmon steak, handful of whatever fresh veggies....I used the bagged fresh veggie mix from Walmart....I sprinkled with Bay seasoning,sprinkled with a bit olive oil cover and seal with another piece of foil, place on grill for 15-20 minutes......yummy!
We took summer vacations and I always packed my 1 burner gas stove, ice chest and supplies such as paper plates, foil etc. Many times we’d buy salmon and fix this in a park. Instead of frozen vegs, I sliced potatoes and onions, baby carrots a dab of butter and season it well. We ate good, many times with a great view and saved a ton of money besides. We slept in small town motels and called it “car camping”.

Another camping favorite was boil a large kettle of water and add small potatoes, onion, carrots, corn on the cob (all from a produce stand) and ring bologna. Cook it all together in boiling water. Even tastes better with a nice view of a lake, etc.