Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Favourite Chocolate Cake? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/favourite-chocolate-cake-t316263.html)

rjwilder 09-01-2021 03:47 AM

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Ingredients:
1 package chocolate cake mix, plain, not the kind with pudding or chocolate pack inside. Ignore the instructions on the box.
2 cups of regular sour cream - not low fat
4 eggs
3/4 cup of canola oil
1/3 cup of Kahlua - you can substitute any coffee liquor or 1/3 cup strong coffee
1 - 6 ounce package of chocolate chips

Combine everything except the chocolate chips, mix well until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour into a well greased bundt pan or tube pan, I usually dust mine with cocoa powder.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Cake should be nice and moist. I dust mine with powdered sugar, or I drizzle melted chocolate over it. This can also be made in regular round cake pans and frosted.

Onebyone 09-01-2021 07:17 AM

Any cake recipe can be a sheet cake. Just put it in a sheet pan. That's what I do. LOL

GingerK 09-01-2021 08:52 AM

I love Triple Chocolate cake and it is relatively easy.

1--4 serving package of cooked chocolate pudding mix not instant, made according to directions on the package. While still hot, add 1 box chocolate cake mix. Mix thoroughly and pour in the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. We usually don't bother. Bake according to the cake mix box.

**If you can only find the 6 serving cooked pudding mix, make according to directions and take out 1 cup.

tropit 09-01-2021 10:18 AM

My fave is the recipe on the back of German's Chocolate wrapper for German Chocolate Cake. Not the mixes, not the re-dos, just the original recipe.

Watson 09-01-2021 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made Tartan's recipe and it looks (and smells) fabulous.

Watson

SueZQ from MN 09-01-2021 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 (Post 8505370)
I was hoping for the good ole chocolate sheet cake recipe. Anyone?

This is the Texas Sheet Cake recipe that I always use, except I use margarine (the cheaper the better) in the cake instead of butter. I do use butter and buttermilk in the frosting. You might need to add 10 min. to the baking time but do not overbake.
Grandma's Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake Recipe | Allrecipes

osewme 09-01-2021 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 8505468)
I made Tartan's recipe and it looks (and smells) fabulous.

Watson

Wow! That's looks delicious. Hope your DH enjoy it.

Onebyone 09-01-2021 04:30 PM

My cousin enters the Hershey chocolate cake recipe every year at the fair and wins every year for her cake. Everyone asks her for the recipe and she says it's not a secret but I'm not telling. I gave her the old Hershey's metal can my grandmother had with the recipe on the back. It's in a place of honor in her kitchen.

Jo Anne B. 09-02-2021 04:31 PM

I have one, my husband thinks it's the best cake I have ever made. I can post later, I just now sat down to ice my aching foot, stress fractures are a pain!

Jo Anne B. 09-03-2021 03:26 AM

Texas Sheet Cake
BOIL:
2 Sticks Oleo
4 TBS Cocoa
1 Cup water
Cool to lukewarm.
Add to:
2 cups Flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix with mixer.
Pour into 10 x 15 inch greased, baking dish.
Bake 350 degrees for 20 min.

Frosting:
BOIL:
4 TBS Cocoa
6 TBS Milk
1 stick Marg.
Add mixture to:
1 Lb. Powdered Sugar(3 and 1/2 cups)
1 tsp Vanilla
Nuts (opt)

Beat well, add nuts. Spread on cake while still warm,