Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Gained Weight These Last Few Weeks...Augh! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/gained-weight-these-last-few-weeks-augh-t310772.html)

SusieQOH 05-18-2020 03:45 PM

If I ever put a good recipe on here it's because it's either my Mom's or my husband's!! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png
But I agree- lots of good ones by the others.

Onebyone 05-18-2020 05:58 PM

I was on track with my weight and diet until this virus attack. Now my eating schedule is all messed up. My weight is still the same but I feel overfull and sluggish and yucky.

Chasing Hawk 05-18-2020 07:11 PM

I have lost 12 lb. since the stay at home order was issued.

aashley333 05-19-2020 03:43 AM

Have been successful with low carb. I have learned:
  • eat breakfast
  • plan meals for day: protein and vegetable
  • don't wait til starving to cook-causes bad choices
We make low carb ice cream every other night in the Cuisinart freezer. 2 c. Half n half, 1/2 c. Splenda, 1 t. vanilla.

One Tablespoon of flour has 9 carbs. I make cream gravy with 2 T flour and 2 T butter for the roux. That's 18 carbs that we can share for 2-3 meals. Add parm. chese and you have alfredo sauce.

An apple in the evening helps sweet cravings.

At first, I cooked chicken thighs in crock pot a lot. Thighs in cream of mushroom soup; thighs in cream of herb chicken; thighs in cream of asparagus...

We live on the coast, so we add seafood often. I mix my own Blackening Seasoning in order to control the red pepper. It's basically paprika, garlic, Italian seasonings, and red pepper.

I make King Ranch Casserole without the tortillas. It's simply cooked chicken, Ro-tel tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, and cream of mush.

Very Very Teriyaki sauce, used sparingly, changes stir fry vegetables into Chinese food. (found it at wal mart)

Iceblossom 05-21-2020 01:33 PM

I usually don't weigh myself but I think I'm up about 10 pounds. One extra thing a day from my normal diet is all it takes, especially when that has been things like milkshakes and donuts.

Time to step on the scale tomorrow. Or maybe the next day... but it's going to have to happen.

Jo Anne B. 05-21-2020 06:55 PM

Was able to get my hair trimmed yesterday. my stylist calls it the "Quarantine 15"

leaha 06-01-2020 09:32 AM

So far I have lost 26 lbs.in Feb. I was diagnosed with diabetes and COPD. I was run down and still grief stricken. I am doing much better now, and will keep on this new way of eating, eat to live, not living to eat. Sure I miss all the goodies I used to have, just do not have them in my house and never went out much before so don't miss that all that much. Still have long road ahead of me but I have a map now I will follow. Will be doing some hand work as sister came up and took 8 of my sewing machine back to Ga, with her, cant get to my last machine as too much stuff stacked in front of it. Sisters think I need to live close to family, I have a huge amount of down sizing to do, where to start? How to down size a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a huge sewing room to less than half the size of sewing room? I just don't know how I can do it I know I don't want to do it. I also have to leave my dye shed which I really love and have enjoyed so many days in. Oh well on to more packing, have a safe day and happy quilting!

tropit 06-02-2020 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 8386487)
I have lost 12 lb. since the stay at home order was issued.

Congrats!

I'm down some too. Snacking is a big problem for me. I love nuts and although they are good for me, I get carried away and eat way too many of them. My new snacks are all zero point foods:
-cherries
-edamame
-steamed artichokes
-grapes
-beans and tomato sauce

~ C

tropit 06-02-2020 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by leaha (Post 8389859)
So far I have lost 26 lbs.in Feb. I was diagnosed with diabetes and COPD. I was run down and still grief stricken. I am doing much better now, and will keep on this new way of eating, eat to live, not living to eat. Sure I miss all the goodies I used to have, just do not have them in my house and never went out much before so don't miss that all that much. Still have long road ahead of me but I have a map now I will follow. Will be doing some hand work as sister came up and took 8 of my sewing machine back to Ga, with her, cant get to my last machine as too much stuff stacked in front of it. Sisters think I need to live close to family, I have a huge amount of down sizing to do, where to start? How to down size a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a huge sewing room to less than half the size of sewing room? I just don't know how I can do it I know I don't want to do it. I also have to leave my dye shed which I really love and have enjoyed so many days in. Oh well on to more packing, have a safe day and happy quilting!

You'll be ok...just take it one step at a time. Congrats on the great weight loss!

~ C