Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Goodies for Quilting friends (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/goodies-quilting-friends-t301499.html)

Little Lulu 12-13-2018 03:38 AM

This is a great recipe and is a sweet twist to a cheese ball. Enjoy.

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball

1 package ( 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter (no substitutions), softened
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup finely chopped nuts
Graham crackers

Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually add sugars and
Vanilla. Beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and
refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece
of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, roll cheese ball in nuts. Serve with graham crackers.

Yield: 1 cheese ball – about 2 cups
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>

coopah 12-13-2018 05:29 PM

Quick, easy, not sweet
use one block of cream cheese
Put it on a pretty plate with a cheese spreader
pour salsa over the cream cheese
Put some crackers on a plate
Done. Disappears quickly!

BONUS: You can assemble it all at the location of the party, so no spills or mishaps on the way to the gathering.

mountain-moma 12-16-2018 03:22 PM

May I suggest this colorful dessert it is so yummy

2-Small Boxes Strawberry Jello

1-Large Can Crushed Pineapples "Drained"
1-Can Strawberry Pie Filling

Then mix these three together
1-8oz.Sour Cream
1-Block Cream Cheese
1/2-Cup Sugar

Pecan Halves

In a 9/13 Glass Dish put the jello in and add 2-Cups Boiling Hot Water Stir until it Dissolves Completely
Then add the Can of Strawberry Pie Filling and The Can of Drained Crushed Pineapples {Stir this into the jello}

Let this stay in the refrigerator until it sets up

Then Mix the Sour Cream and Cream Cheese and Sugar together Spread this mixture over the top of Jello mixture

Then put halves of Pecan on the top
This is a cold dessert Hope y'all enjoy this
Merry Christmas and many Blessings

mountain-moma 12-16-2018 03:31 PM

I'm so sorry I just read where the party was earlier I'm so sorry for posting,,Please forgive me

QuiltE 12-16-2018 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mountain-moma (Post 8177397)
I'm so sorry I just read where the party was earlier I'm so sorry for posting,,Please forgive me

That's OK ... I'm quite happy to get your recipe.
Looks like easy, yet quite tasty!
I'm always keen to find new easy ones ... yet look impressive.
This probably fits the bill!

Darcyshannon 12-22-2018 10:23 PM

Brie melted in the center of a round loaf of sourdough. The bread you scoop out, cut into large pieces to toast in oven to dip into the gooey cheese. Wrap the loaf with the Brie inside in foil. Heat at 375 until bubbly. Toast the pieces around it on a baking sheet. Easy and tasty.