Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   homemade pizza (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/homemade-pizza-t99262.html)

wolph33 02-12-2011 09:13 PM

I need to make some soon-homemade dough from fresh ground wheatberries-tasty and healthy

KathyAire 02-12-2011 09:15 PM

Some things I don't like homemade. One is pizza and one is ice cream.

sharoney 02-12-2011 09:15 PM

love me some homemade pizza!

sawsan 02-12-2011 09:16 PM

I u put your quistion at Recipes
U will find a way ;-)

CloverPatch 02-12-2011 09:16 PM

I let the kids make their own pizzas using Pillsbury crescent rolls. They love them, fun and taste pretty good

FancyFoot 02-12-2011 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my homemade pizza direct from the Fancy Kitchen.
I call it "Fancy Pizza" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thin-n-crispy

"Fancy Sausage Pizza"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129906[/ATTACH]

jajudd24 02-12-2011 10:48 PM

When did you say you were going to have a Pizza Party???? thatlooks delicious!!!

mmonohon 02-12-2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33
I need to make some soon-homemade dough from fresh ground wheatberries-tasty and healthy

One of those things that you will have to try different recipes to figure out which one works better. Good luck.

FancyFoot 02-12-2011 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For all you deep dish pizza lovers. Here is my homemade Deep Dish version. I call this "Fancy Pizza" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fancy Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129993[/ATTACH]

terri bb 02-12-2011 11:25 PM

i actually have a recipe i use for bread that i think you may like! if you take the wheat berries and soak them for 24 hours in water, in a day or two they will open up and begin to 'sprout'. (i keep them in fridge in same glass jar until ready). when they first start to sprout is when all the healthy goodness comes out of them. this is the bread recipe; it's so easy and fast! it's my fave summer bread because of the 'no second rise'.
3c. warm water
1/4c gluten flour
1/4-1/3c oatmeal
1/4c whole grain cereal (i use Montana 10 grain)
1/4c oil
1 1/2T yeast
1/4c sugar
3c flour (any kind, i mostly use wheat)

i have a Bosch, use whatever mixer you have, mix it up very very good, i put the lid on mine, and let it sit for about 15 min. or so until it doubles. then add
3/4T salt
3-4c flour in 1c increments till dough is workable
any sprouted wheatberries you have, the kitchen sink, etc

*i always use white bread flour in the 2nd addition, but thats just the way i like it, 1/2 and 1/2*

turn oven to the warm setting for a few minutes, warm 2 bread pans slightly, then turn your oven off. knead your dough just a bit till it 'feels right' in your hands, shape and form 2 loaves. spray Pam into the bread pans, add the loaves.
put the loaves in the oven for about 15 min or so with a towel over them until they are a bit higher than the pan, take off the towel, turn on the oven to 375, and walk away for about 38-45 min or so.
its fast, easy, and great to make early in the summer mornings before the house gets hot!
i'm sure you could cut in half for a pizza crust, or maybe make one loaf and a crust?
if you try it let me know if you liked it!