Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   ISO A PEANUTBUTTER PIE RECIPE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/iso-peanutbutter-pie-recipe-t144845.html)

Slow2Sew 08-17-2011 07:23 AM

Not exactly a PB pie, but still good and quick:

1 chocolate cookie pie crust
3 full size Butterfinger candy bars, frozen
1 tub of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Using a hammer or heavy object, crush frozen Butterfingers into small pieces while still in the wrapper. Fold crushed pieces into whipped topping, stirring until well blended. Place in pie crust and refrigerate over night.

Traditional 08-18-2011 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by TERESA77510
I have been searching the net for a old fasion peanutbutter pie recipe. I want the one the uses a regular pie shell.
Do you have any you like?

Hi Teresa
I just posted a Peanut butter pie recipe that you may be interested in. It's great.
Traditional

ptquilts 08-18-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Slow2Sew

Using a hammer or heavy object, crush frozen Butterfingers into small pieces while still in the wrapper. Fold crushed pieces into whipped topping, stirring until well blended. Place in pie crust and refrigerate over night.

OMG, you are a wicked, wicked person..... :thumbup:

Slow2Sew 08-18-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts

Originally Posted by Slow2Sew

OMG, you are a wicked, wicked person..... :thumbup:

Thanks!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TERESA77510 08-22-2011 07:15 AM

Thank all of you ! Such great recipes. I have something to start with. You are the best!!!

QUILTNMO 08-31-2011 05:51 PM

1cup peanut butter
1 can consdensed milk
1 small cool whip 1 chocolate graham cracker pie shell mix peanut butter milk and cool whip togather pour in pie shell put in fridge for about 4 hrs or overnite

Slow2Sew 09-01-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
1cup peanut butter
1 can consdensed milk
1 small cool whip 1 chocolate graham cracker pie shell mix peanut butter milk and cool whip togather pour in pie shell put in fridge for about 4 hrs or overnite

Switching the peanut butter with 6 oz. of frozen pink lemonade concentrate and placing in a regular graham cracker crust makes a mighty tasty lemon pie. Of course, anything with condensed milk and cool whip is good!

megs0863 09-01-2011 08:29 AM

Could you use whipped cream instead of cool whip?

raedar63 11-19-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull (Post 3951850)
Here is a prize winning recipe. I got the recipe from my mother who got it from a friend. I made itfor a piecontest at our local county fair several years ago and won a trophy for it.

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1 baked pie crust
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups 2% milk
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter

Cream powdered sugar and peanut butter until crumbly. Place crumbs in bottom of baked crust, reserving some crumbs to place on top of meringue. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan. Separate eggs and save whites for meringue. Add egg yolks to milk and whisk to break. Stir into sugar mixture. Place on burner at medium. Cook and stir until thick. Stir constantly to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and add shortening and vanilla. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved. Place filling in pie crust and cover with meringue, making sure it comes to the crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Place in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Thank you for this, I had a similar recipie and it was by far the best! old fashioned peanut butter pie!!!!

Wingsofjoy 11-19-2011 04:36 AM

Can't wait to try this. I think I will use low fat cream cheese and cool whip in mine