Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   ISO A PEANUTBUTTER PIE RECIPE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/iso-peanutbutter-pie-recipe-t144845.html)

TERESA77510 08-13-2011 07:44 AM

I have been searching the net for a old fasion peanutbutter pie recipe. I want the one the uses a regular pie shell.
Do you have any you like?

leatheflea 08-13-2011 07:52 AM

Craftybear where are you? She'll find just what you need!

Up North 08-13-2011 07:53 AM

My very favorite is this one. I use a graham cracker crust or a chocolate crumb crust but it would work in a regular pie crust too

I cup peanut butter, I pkg 8oz cream cheese softened blend to together add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, blend add I container cool whip pour into pie shell and refrigerate several hours yummy I use both creamy and crunchy peanut butter for this

luv-e 08-13-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
My very favorite is this one. I use a graham cracker crust or a chocolate crumb crust but it would work in a regular pie crust too

I cup peanut butter, I pkg 8oz cream cheese softened blend to together add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, blend add I container cool whip pour into pie shell and refrigerate several hours yummy I use both creamy and crunchy peanut butter for this

This is my recipe too
I've never seen one made with regular pie crust.????
I will be watching this thread.....

ptquilts 08-13-2011 11:44 AM

I make mine with a package of vanilla pudding mix (the kind you have to cook). Cook it and add peanut butter to taste, stir well to blend, put in cooked pie shell, any kind. Chill, eat, nom nom nom...

bakermom 08-13-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e

This is my recipe too
I've never seen one made with regular pie crust.????

This is my favorie, too. Drizzle with Magic Shell for an extra choc. fix!

i have seen pb pie recipes that call for a reg. shell but never tried it.
I will be watching this thread.....

lawsonmugs 08-13-2011 02:05 PM

I got a recipe at my daughter's bbq she had a couple weeks ago. Mix 1 C milk with 1 large pkg of butterscoth instant pudding.Stir in 1 Cup creamy peanut butter. fold in 1/2 container cool whip. Pour in grahm cracker crust.Top with remaining cool whip.Hers was served from the freezer.It was partially frozen. Really good in the hot weather. You can also just refrigerate it and then serve. It has to set for at least 2 hours in refrig or freezer before serving to set up.Mary

BMP 08-13-2011 02:32 PM

This is the one I use too, I have never used a reg crust tho, I do drizzle chocolate syrup over it before serving...

blueangel 08-14-2011 04:49 AM

This is my recipe too. Very good.

Babs194068 08-14-2011 06:18 AM

Google Pillsbury peanut butter pie