Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Last minute Breadsticks (really quick and always turn out great) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/last-minute-breadsticks-really-quick-always-turn-out-great-t175858.html)

pastimesquiltdesign 01-16-2012 12:34 PM

Last minute Breadsticks (really quick and always turn out great)

1 Attachment(s)
I have been making these for about 25 years now. Family and friends just love them. So easy to make.

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tblsp yeast
1 Tblsp sugar
Combine above ingredients together and let stand until foamy.
Add 1/2 tsp salt and 3 cups flour. Mix well. Add about another 1/2 cup flour and mix in with your hands until it forms a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes (you can skip this if you are really in a hurry)

Roll dough into a rectangle about 10" x 17". Cut dough into 1" wide strips.
Melt 1 cube of butter and pour into the center of a large baking sheet.

Dip each side of each breadstick in the butter and place on baking sheet touching each other.
Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Let raise 15 - 30 minutes (or longer if you have time)
Bake about 12 minutes at 350 degrees Note: I don't preheat the oven. The dough raises a little while the oven is warming. I usually double the batch and sprinkle one sheet of breadsticks with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. I hope you enjoy them. Peggy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]303732[/ATTACH]

Maresan 01-16-2012 12:46 PM

These look so easy and delicious ..thanks for sharing.

bakermom 01-16-2012 03:04 PM

oh.my.those sound delicious.

quiltinggirl 01-16-2012 04:27 PM

OMGOSH - I can almost taste the ones in your picture!! LOL I will definitely be trying the recipe this week. :)

judylg 01-16-2012 04:39 PM

These look great! Thanks for sharing.

nannyrick 01-16-2012 05:10 PM

Thanks so much for sharing. Will definately try these.

Quiltaddict 01-16-2012 05:11 PM

I love garlic breadsticks, will definitely try them soon. Thanks so much for sharing.

Weenween 01-17-2012 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by pastimesquiltdesign (Post 4880908)
I have been making these for about 25 years now. Family and friends just love them. So easy to make.

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tblsp yeast
1 Tblsp sugar
Combine above ingredients together and let stand until foamy.
Add 1/2 tsp salt and 3 cups flour. Mix well. Add about another 1/2 cup flour and mix in with your hands until it forms a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes (you can skip this if you are really in a hurry)

Roll dough into a rectangle about 10" x 17". Cut dough into 1" wide strips.
Melt 1 cube of butter and pour into the center of a large baking sheet.

Dip each side of each breadstick in the butter and place on baking sheet touching each other.
Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Let raise 15 - 30 minutes (or longer if you have time)
Bake about 12 minutes at 350 degrees Note: I don't preheat the oven. The dough raises a little while the oven is warming. I usually double the batch and sprinkle one sheet of breadsticks with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. I hope you enjoy them. Peggy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]303732[/ATTACH]

Thanks a million,they are like Lays potato chips can't eat just one.LOL God Bless

Kathy T. 01-17-2012 07:20 AM

My word! I wanted to rush over to your house and get myself one (or two or three or four). Yum!
Thanks for posting.

Caswews 01-17-2012 07:53 AM

looks absolutely yummy !! thanks for sharing !!!