Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   looking for a few good scallop recipes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/looking-few-good-scallop-recipes-t11003.html)

bebe 09-08-2008 02:29 AM

I have never cooked scallops before any suggestions?
Need a few good recipes.

babeegirl 09-08-2008 04:31 AM

Same here. My fiance is from the upper northwest and loves seafood. Here in KS we get frozen instead of fresh and scallops are something I've never tried before.

beachlady 09-08-2008 04:47 AM

Bebe, I have a very good casserole recipe that I will dig out. I made it the first time I had DH over for dinner and it won his heart!!!! The broccoli/cauliflower salad I made that night is also his favorite.....LOL

Don't get any ideas ladies - my father ate with us too, becuase he was living with me at the time!!! (I was 49 and the stories I could tell......)

beachlady 09-08-2008 06:29 AM

Scallop Casserole

2 oz uncooked spaghetti cooked
8 oz of fresh small scallops or large scallops cut in half
3 TBLS margarine or butter (I use butter)
2 TBLS of flour
1/4 tsp of salt (I don't use)
Dash pepper (I use more)
1 cup half and half
2 TBLS of white wine (if desired - I don't use)
2.5 oz jar of mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 TBLS grated parmesan cheese (I do not use out of the can - use shredded from cheese isle.)

Cook spaghetti to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain, rinse with hot water.

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 individual casseroles (about 2 cups each) (I use a 2 quart of larger casserole, depending on how much I am making) Thoroughly rinse scallops in cold water; drain. In 8" skillet melt 1 TBLS margarine or butter. Add scallops; saute scallops over medium high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until opaque. Remove scallops; set aside. In same pan melt remaining 2 TBLS margarine or butter. Add flour salt and pepper, blend well. Add half n half all at once. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly (a must). Add scallops, wine, mushrooms and peas; heat, stirring constantly until thoroughly heated. Spoon hot spaghetti evenly into prepared dishes. Spoon scallop mixture on top of spaghetti; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until light brown and bubbly around the edges. 2 servings.

beachlady 09-08-2008 06:33 AM

Still making spelling corrections Loretta - so re-read! Think I got them all now, but any questions - ask.

Elizabeth A. 09-08-2008 06:34 AM

lol! I thought you meant scalloped potatoes! LOL that's what I get for not eating seafood! :D

beachlady 09-08-2008 06:36 AM

My daughters will not touch seafood at all and my son is so allergic, it would kill him.

Elizabeth A. 09-08-2008 06:42 AM

They say childhood disliked is can often be linked to an allergy, since I'm the only one in my family that doesn't like it... and hasn't liked it ever (and in a huge family of shrimp lovers, that stands out). I have a list of things I'm allergic to, so I just stear away... Not worth the risk of a big allergy for something I don't even like.

Sorry I butted in all off topic. :oops: :roll: :shock:

tlrnhi 09-08-2008 06:42 AM

depending on what kind of scallops, you could just lightly bread them in a dish, put in some melted butter and bake them.
I make the calico scallops that way (the little ones)
Well, WHEN I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for them. Haven't had GOOD seafood since we left CT

thimblebug6000 09-08-2008 07:30 AM

Pacific Scallop Casserole from the Sunshine Coast Seafood Book

1 pound scallops
2 TBSP green onion (chopped)
1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs, buttered

- Place scallops & onions in casserole
- Mix soup & wine & pour over scallops. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in 450* F oven for 20 mins. or until bubbly.

I've made this same recipe with a mix of scallops, shrimps & oysters and also with just shrimp...it's easy & yummy.