Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   New ideas for finger foods for group please :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/new-ideas-finger-foods-group-please-t292563.html)

LenaBeena 11-13-2017 01:30 PM

New ideas for finger foods for group please :)

I always make various dips with crackers, little smoked sausages on toothpicks, and mini cheesecakes. These are delicious, but want to try something new. Any ideas greatly appreciated. :)

DebLuvsQuiltng 11-13-2017 06:31 PM

The roll ups made with tortillas and cream cheese are nice. Cream cheese covered in jalapeno jelly with crackers, mini tacos using tortilla chips that are little bite sized bowls.

Aurora 11-14-2017 03:04 AM

I usually go with a small cube of Colby Cheese topped with a tooth picked olive. Always hint and easy to make. Hankie Pankies are always a hit as well.

Battle Axe 11-14-2017 03:17 AM

Take a whole Vlassic dill pickle and roll it in a paper towel to get all the excess moisture out. Then cover the pickle...throw out the paper towel....in cream cheese. Then wrap that in dried beef slices and refrigerate. Then slice crosswise and decorate a serving plate. The dried beef is the kind that comes in a little jar.

You are making me hungry.

Libster 11-14-2017 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora (Post 7943727)
I usually go with a small cube of Colby Cheese topped with a tooth picked olive. Always hint and easy to make. Hankie Pankies are always a hit as well.

I always add a pineapple chunk to that toothpick too. Sweet, salty, sour. I never bring a single one back home. On the plus side, they can be made and covered in the frig the day before. The Dollar Tree has fancy plastic picks with hearts on one end. Makes the tray look nice.

daisydawg 11-14-2017 03:26 AM

What are Hankie Pankies?

jmoore 11-14-2017 04:08 AM

I’ve done roll ups as Deb mentioned with tortillas and cream cheese but I use turkey, cranberry and sprouts.

You can also do ham roll ups with cream cheese and then you add gherkin pickle strips down the middle or green onion slivers then after chilled, cut them in bite size pieces.

I just made 98 mini quiche for a baby shower and if you have a small muffin pan, they’re easy too. You can concoct any kind of filling...I made mushroom spinach and also bacon and green onion.

Gerbie 11-14-2017 04:19 AM

Sausage and cheese balls are great finger foods.

Jo Anne B. 11-14-2017 06:12 AM

Cucumber Sandwiches
1 loaf Party Rye bread(Pepperidge farm)
1 carton whipped cream cheese
1 envelope Dry Italian salad seasoning
fresh cucumber sliced and peeled
Dry Dill
Blend cream cheese and dry seasoning. Spread on bread. Place slice of cucumber on cream cheese mix. Sprinkle cucumber lightly with dill.
Chill until ready to serve.

toverly 11-14-2017 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=Battle Axe;7943730]Take a whole Vlassic dill pickle and roll it in a paper towel to get all the excess moisture out. Then cover the pickle...throw out the paper towel....in cream cheese. Then wrap that in dried beef slices and refrigerate. Then slice crosswise and decorate a serving plate. The dried beef is the kind that comes in a little jar.

Little Pickle things! At least that's what we call them. We love those around here. There is also a cheese ball recipe that makes the same taste.