Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Recipe for soup (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/recipe-soup-t303426.html)

Cooky 03-06-2019 12:18 PM

Recipe for soup

Looking for hearty soup recipe for Lenten soup night at church

ruthrings 03-06-2019 01:23 PM

/Users/ruthoneil/Desktop/thumbnail_IMG_2110.jpg
I don't know if you'll be able to open this. It's a picture of a recipe for tortellini soup. If you can't open it, message me. OK? I've gotten lots of compliments on it.

tesspug 03-06-2019 04:22 PM

Cheese Cauliflower Sautee 1/2 onion, 2 stocks celery and one carrot until soft. Break one head of cauliflower up into small pieces. Add one can of vegetable broth, simmer 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is tender. You can use a potato masher or stick blender to blend smooth. Add 1 cup milk, 2 TBls. butter, 2 tables flour or 1 cup heavy cream. 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.

quiltingshorttimer 03-06-2019 06:42 PM

My go-to (and one everyone I've shared it with raves about) is Artichoke-Sausage Soup--super easy too! Brown 1-1.5lb of ground Italian sausage, dump 2 cans of artichoke hearts (I use the prequartered ones to be really lazy) and 2 cans of diced tomatoes; 1-1.5 tsp of Italian seasoning, about 1-1.5 cans of water. Let simmer for at least 30 min. It's fantastic, especially served with a hard roll. You will get some initially that saw artichokes??? really?? but once they taste it they want the recipe.

Jan in FL 03-07-2019 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 8221405)
My go-to (and one everyone I've shared it with raves about) is Artichoke-Sausage Soup--super easy too! Brown 1-1.5lb of ground Italian sausage, dump 2 cans of artichoke hearts (I use the prequartered ones to be really lazy) and 2 cans of diced tomatoes; 1-1.5 tsp of Italian seasoning, about 1-1.5 cans of water. Let simmer for at least 30 min. It's fantastic, especially served with a hard roll. You will get some initially that saw artichokes??? really?? but once they taste it they want the recipe.

This sound delicious to me. My DH does not care for artichokes but I may try it and not tell him what's in it. Do the artichokes cook down so you can't tell what they are or do they hold their shape?

Mkotch 03-07-2019 02:53 AM

My DH, who doesn't like broccoli very much, enjoyed Copy Cat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235874/copycat-panera-broccoli-cheddar-soup/ I discovered that it freezes very well, too.

granny64 03-07-2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cooky (Post 8221241)
Looking for hearty soup recipe for Lenten soup night at church

Taco soup is a hearty soup everyone should love. Just google taco soup and you should find a good recipe. It's high in fiber and rich in protein.

quiltingshorttimer 03-07-2019 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 8221497)
This sound delicious to me. My DH does not care for artichokes but I may try it and not tell him what's in it. Do the artichokes cook down so you can't tell what they are or do they hold their shape?

they basically cook down so you can tell there's something "green" there but the "leaves" soften and don't really look like artichokes. I hadn't made it for at least a month and after posting this I asked DH (who has the flu :(& I'm following around with Lysol wipes!) how that sounded for dinner tomorrow--he definitely wants me to make it--so picked up the ingredients today.

Jan in FL 03-08-2019 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 8221985)
they basically cook down so you can tell there's something "green" there but the "leaves" soften and don't really look like artichokes. I hadn't made it for at least a month and after posting this I asked DH (who has the flu :(& I'm following around with Lysol wipes!) how that sounded for dinner tomorrow--he definitely wants me to make it--so picked up the ingredients today.

One more question: do you dump with liquids from the cans or drain first? I am making this tonight!

tranum 03-08-2019 11:17 AM

Santa Fe Cheese Soup (this is a quilters or working person’s dream it’s that easy)

1 can whole kernel corn (drain)
1 can Pinto beans (drain)
14 oz chicken broth
1 can Rotel with chilis
1 can chopped green chili’s (about 4 oz)
1 can chunk white chicken (about 4 oz)
About a pound or less of Velveeta (cubed)
Mix all in crockpot, low setting 2-3 hours. Stir now & then. Serve with coarse broken tortilla chips & sour cream on the side. I double this but not double Velveeta.