Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/simply-sinful-cinnamon-muffins-t201547.html)

SewExtremeSeams 09-30-2012 02:56 PM

Sounds yummy! I better make some and soon! :D:D

Jothesewer 10-09-2012 06:05 PM

I found cinnamon chips at Walmart today. They were on a shelf of baking supplies in the middle of the isle close to the baking goods. I had tried at 3 different grocery stores and none of them had heard of them.
Jothesewer

ncredbird 10-14-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter (Post 5544818)
They are made by Hershey's and are a combo of chocolate and cinnamon...yummy!!!

I have about 8 bags of cinnamon chips that I got on clearance last year after the holidays. This would be a great recipe to use them with. I don't believe however, that they have any chocolate in them . . . more like cinnamon drop the size of a chocolate chip. The base could possibly be white chocolate infused with cinnamon but no chocolate flavor at all.

Farm Quilter 10-15-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird (Post 5585899)
I have about 8 bags of cinnamon chips that I got on clearance last year after the holidays. This would be a great recipe to use them with. I don't believe however, that they have any chocolate in them . . . more like cinnamon drop the size of a chocolate chip. The base could possibly be white chocolate infused with cinnamon but no chocolate flavor at all.

You are correct! I was looking at the description of cinnamon chips from a different company! I am still hunting for more because these muffins are so good! Do you remember the store you found them in? I think my DH found them at a Grocery Outlet and their inventory changes all the time!

ncredbird 10-15-2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter (Post 5587304)
You are correct! I was looking at the description of cinnamon chips from a different company! I am still hunting for more because these muffins are so good! Do you remember the store you found them in? I think my DH found them at a Grocery Outlet and their inventory changes all the time!

I believe it was WalMart but we also have a little market locally called Go Grocery that gets clearance items and I do pop in there occasionally. WalMart would be my first guess.

Farm Quilter 10-15-2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird (Post 5587323)
I believe it was WalMart but we also have a little market locally called Go Grocery that gets clearance items and I do pop in there occasionally. WalMart would be my first guess.

Thanks!!! Next time I go to WalMart, I will check it out - it is at least a 90 mile round trip for me, so I don't just pop over there! My kids say I live in B*E! When it comes to shopping, they are right :)

Monroe 10-24-2012 07:00 AM

I've seen the cinnamon chips in grocery stores, but never tried them.

AUQuilter 11-01-2012 06:46 AM

I searched for the cinnamon chips at three stores and then just two days ago while at Wally World, I found them in the seasonal display in the middle of the aisle. Haven't made these yet but will soon. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Farm Quilter 11-01-2012 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter (Post 5627448)
I searched for the cinnamon chips at three stores and then just two days ago while at Wally World, I found them in the seasonal display in the middle of the aisle. Haven't made these yet but will soon. Thanks for posting this recipe.

I am so glad you found them. I can only find cinnamon chips during the holiday season, so I stock up now for the rest of the year. I hope you like the recipe as much as we do!! :) You are so very welcome - I love sharing recipes and don't understand folks who won't share.

Scakes 11-02-2012 02:27 PM

I found the cinnamon chips today and printed the recipe. Hope to try them out this weekend. Thanks again for the recipe.