Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Tell me about your favorite salad fixin's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/tell-me-about-your-favorite-salad-fixins-t311583.html)

QuiltE 07-01-2020 10:31 AM

Here you are, JanInVA!

Spiced Maple Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste

Blend with immersion blender.
Keeps well in the frig.

tranum 07-02-2020 01:23 PM

I cut up whatever fruit I have in the house. Apple, banana, peach, grapes, orange, etc. I insist on including an orange but the rest can be varied. For dressing mix a capful or so lemon juice with a couple of Tblsp. honey. Stir in a couple shakes of poppy seeds & toss on the fruit. I make enough for one meal.

Jan in VA 07-02-2020 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8398298)
Here you are, JanInVA!

Spiced Maple Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste

Blend with immersion blender.
Keeps well in the frig.

Hey, thank you, that's great! .

QuiltE 07-03-2020 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 8398708)
Hey, thank you, that's great! .

You're welcome! ....... hope you give it a try, and then let me know what you think.
Bon Appetit!

Jordan 07-03-2020 09:32 AM

Quiltingcandy-I love anything that some one else makes :). I hate to cook so I pick easy meals to make. I just made a taco salad and really enjoyed it.

SusieQOH 07-04-2020 06:11 AM

That BLT salad is so good!!! Yum. We make it too.
Also we sometimes make shrimp salad over salad greens with whatever goodies are on hand. I also love summer salads!
All the recipes here sound wonderful.

QuiltE 07-04-2020 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8399031)
That BLT salad is so good!!! Yum. We make it too.
Also we sometimes make shrimp salad over salad greens with whatever goodies are on hand. I also love summer salads!
All the recipes here sound wonderful.

Actualllllly ..... it's too good! I can get carried away and eat way too much!!
Is that possible for a salad? yup! :)

Sadly, SusieQOH, I can't enjoy your shrimp salad ... allergies here ... so you can have my portion!

Another simple salad that works year round ....... Marinated Veggies
Chop up whatever you like. Use Italian Dressing for the marinade.
Serve as is, or over salad greens.
Top with some protein. My top choices are feta and/or chick peas.

aashley333 07-26-2020 05:18 PM

When I saw "Mango Pineapple Slaw" on a menu, I had to try it. Delicious. Unfortunately, coleslaw will never be the same for me again!
At home, I mince fresh pineapple in my regular coleslaw. Haven't tried adding mango...yet.

ladyinpurple135 07-27-2020 06:09 PM

My favorite salad is one made by someone else!!!😁😁😁. They just seem to taste better. Actually I like Caesar salads without any meat (no, I’m not vegetarian, just don’t always want meat in some salads). I also like taco salads without hot peppers. And I love good chicken salad - I want to be able to see the chicken in the salad - not all mashed up. I’ll eat tuna salad but I don’t make it - had tons in my college days as tuna was really cheap back then. And please don’t give me any kale - yuck!! I won’t eat cooked spinach but I do like baby spinach, field greens, etc., plus to stores, onions, black,olives, good croutons, garbanzo beans and a few other things,

it’s really interesting to hear what others like to eat. I’m pretty easy but I won’t eat peas - those little round ones. I love snow peas though. Weird!!! And edamame is super just by themselves.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC

tranum 07-27-2020 06:28 PM

Making coleslaw I like to shred up a small amount of broccoli with the cabbage.