Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Toast Toppings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/toast-toppings-t319511.html)

tropit 11-11-2022 11:56 AM

Toast Toppings

Who needs eggs and bacon for breakfast when there are so many other toast with toppings options? There's the popular avocado on toast, but also peanut butter, tahini, sunflower butter, almond butter, smooshed figs, melted cheese, cream cheese, salsa, just jam...it goes on and on. What are some of your favorite toast toppings?

This morning we had two chinks of dark, homemade bread, slathered with sunflower butter and drizzled with a loose-set berry jam, all served with fresh fruit and cafe au lait. Divine!

Tartan 11-11-2022 03:04 PM

My mom always made us cinnamon toast when we were home and not feeling well. She would mix butter, sugar and cinnamon into a spread and put it on hot toast. One of my other favourites is peanut butter and jelly toast. I always swirl the 2 together on my toast so the peanut butter doesn’t stick to the roof of my mouth. Maybe that is just a family thing because my DIL couldn’t believe it when my son did this on his toast.😂

aashley333 11-12-2022 03:39 AM

Toast with refried beans and cheese. (I lived near Mexican border for a number of years.)
My mom used to make us buttery toast with salt and peppered slices of tomato.

Onebyone 11-12-2022 05:52 AM

I'm one of the few humans on earth that do not care for avocados so avocado toast is out. LOL I like butter on my toast if eaten as toast. I like most sandwich filling on toast if eaten as a sandwich.
I have my grands here this morning so we had ebelskivers (they love those, a small ball of pancake with filling) , scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, and pineapple slices. No toast, didn't think about making toast.

Waal 11-12-2022 06:39 AM

My favorite is creamy peanut butter with honey on top and mixed in a bit. I could eat that every morning for breakfast!

SueZQ from MN 11-12-2022 10:08 AM

I like light rye toast with a slice of colby cheese.

sewingpup 11-12-2022 10:40 AM

one of my go-to's is PeanutButter with sliced bananas on top! also, cinnamon sugar just sprinkled on the buttered toast (some kind of whole grain is best! If I am having a toasted bagel, then I like the same too or cream cheese with apricot preserves or raspberry jam.

tropit 11-12-2022 11:43 AM

My mom was way ahead of her time. She used to eat avocado on toast at least 3 mornings a week when I was a kid. I didn't like avocados back then, so I turned my nose up at her concoction. Silly me!

tropit 11-12-2022 11:46 AM

One of our favorite Sunday breakfasts is toast, avo, slice of ripe tomato, smoked salmon, capers and green or red sliced onions.

Anniedeb 11-12-2022 07:44 PM

The only toast I eat is English muffin bread toasted with butter on it. Once in awhile I will add peanut butter. My go to, eat almost every morning,, is a toasted English muffin with thin slices of ham and mustard on it. Not lunch meat ham, or deli ham, but a nice carving ham that we buy at Costco or Sam's.