Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Unbaked Cookies?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/unbaked-cookies-t136835.html)

grannypat7925 07-12-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by grannypat7925
No bake chocolate cookies are great and easy. I will look up my recipe.

1 stick butter or margarine, melted
Add two cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
Bring to boil and let bubble for one minute.
Take off fire and add 3 cups quick oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla;.
Mix up good and drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper to cool.
These keep well and do not need refrigeration.

tntgranny 07-12-2011 08:24 AM

When I saw the topic I thought it was about the best tasting cookie dough. After all, raw cookie dough calories don't count! Just like broken cookie crumbs.

My time 07-12-2011 12:02 PM

Chocolate Oatmeal Drops, also called Haystacks in some parts of the country.
Puffed Wheat Squares.

My time 07-12-2011 12:04 PM

Hey these (minus the peanut butter) are the Chocolate Oatmeal Drops my family loves.

Lynnc 07-12-2011 02:29 PM

If you have a toaster oven, take it outside and bake there. Bugs won't mess with it. I cook dinner in the summer in ours.

svenskaflicka1 07-12-2011 03:44 PM

my mother in law's recipe--found it on cooks.com! the kids loved these when they were growing up. just be sure to boil it the full 2 minutes, and give them overnight or a trip to the fridge to cool:

NO BAKE OATMEAL FUDGE COOKIES

2-1/2 c. Quick Quaker oats
2 heaping tbsp. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
1/3 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1/4 lb. butter
In a large bowl, combine oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. In a saucepan, combine the rest. Place saucepan on medium burner and bring to boil. Boil 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add to dry ingredients mixing thoroughly. Use teaspoon to drop on buttered or foiled cookie sheet.

Bonnie 07-12-2011 03:51 PM

Does anyone have the recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter cookies?

luce321 07-12-2011 04:29 PM

Ramona, I went to the site for the "Nobake" cookies, the only one they did not have was the "Nobake Oatmeal". Could you post it again. Thanks,

Lucy

Mornigstar 07-12-2011 06:33 PM

wow, I haven't made cookies in yrs -2 of us don't seem to eat them at home but, REDQUILTER had to print a recipe where I actually had all the stuff --half a batch now baking as I write. Put the walnuts also half put on shredded coconut.
Thank you as it's a treat since I can not eat chocolate which the rest of the world seems to love. Oh they are done so must eat as we had no dinner tonight --our choice -now starving.

PKWard 07-13-2011 07:32 AM

These were my brother and my FAVORITE cookies when we were kids. Uncle Buddy would make them for us when we went to visit him and Aunt Emma. Such good memories!!! :D

No bake chocolate cookies are great and easy. I will look up my recipe.

1 stick butter or margarine, melted
Add two cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
Bring to boil and let bubble for one minute.
Take off fire and add 3 cups quick oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla;.
Mix up good and drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper to cool.
These keep well and do not need refrigeration.