Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Weight Watchers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/weight-watchers-t67087.html)

Debbiemg 09-28-2010 12:10 PM

I am new here (today) but agree with everyone about WW. I became a lifetime member about 30 years ago. I just started back to meetings and weigh-ins last week. It's the best program out there I think because you get to choose whatever you want to eat. There are no restrictions. If you want to use up your daily allowance of points (calories) going to Dunkin donuts for breakfast and Mcdonalds for lunch, you can. There just won't be much left for dinner except celery and water! I would give it a try. I did try the online version a few months ago but just couldn't stick with it. So it's back to the meetings.

GrandmaLola 09-28-2010 12:35 PM

I do it online. Love it!

Bam 09-28-2010 03:09 PM

I am doing WW, joined the first part of August and have lost 11.8 pounds. It is a wonderful program and would recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight the healthy way.

gollytwo 09-28-2010 03:35 PM

[quote=Debbiemg]I am new here (today) but agree with everyone about WW.

Welcome to the Board from a WWer in New Hampshire

Aussie Quilter 09-28-2010 06:47 PM

I started going to WW earlier this year. After 2 months they closed the group down, and now there is a 70km round trip to the nearest group. I don't drive at night because of cataracts, and I really need the motivation of the meeting to keep on track. Another group that was closed at the same time has a 3 hour drive to the nearest group now. We all protested about the closures of the groups, but they are only interested in the money side of it. I will NEVER join WW again, even if they set up next door!

Be careful of their products too, some of them contain Aspartame as I found out the hard way. Spent 2 days in bed because of it.

JanTx 09-28-2010 07:05 PM

I've been doing ww for about a year. I've lost 30 pounds of the 70 or so I need to lose. Didn't gain it over night so ... it's taking a while. I completely lost track over the summer, but hopefully am back now. The meetings make it for me. I've done online - and many other plans - but this one is set up for success - both during and after. A dear friend is in the same group - lost 50 pounds over a year's time and has maintained for almost a year. She still comes to meetings nearly every week.

The products? I don't eat many of them - you don't have to to be on the program. I do keep some of their frozen meals on hand for lunches at work when I don't have leftovers.

Keep trying till you find something that works. For me - right now - this works.

dgrindey 09-28-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by EmsMom
I am thinking of joining WW. If it isn't too personal . . . anyone else on the board doing WW?

yes, I am. Lost 7 lbs in 2 wks. Have to follow the plan, however. Good plan.

JT 09-29-2010 07:22 PM

I have done weight watchers a couple times during my life. Every time I followed it, I lost weight. This last time, two years ago, I think I had a change in mindset, that I was tired of going up and down. I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off. It took me about 8 months total to lose it, but I kept dropping weight. The most important thing is to write down and track your points. Once I stop doing that, I fall off the wagon and can gain a pound or two. No more!!! I track. Follow it, it works. It's a lifestyle change. And it feels great to weigh what I did when I got married, again. :)

bourvel 09-30-2010 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by polly13

Originally Posted by bourvel

Originally Posted by EmsMom
I am thinking of joining WW. If it isn't too personal . . . anyone else on the board doing WW?

I'm on WW since Sept. 2000, I lost 45 pounds and I was doing good until last year, I gained 15 pounds and can seem to take it off. I'm a lifetime member but if you past your goal weight by 3 pounds they make you pay again and I just don't want too. So my goal now is to get back to my normal weight so I can start going in every month.
Yes it works, yes you loose weight but you have to keep you spirit up, mine is down at the moment and that's why it's not working for me

YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN! Just think, it took 10 years to get that 15 lbs. back on. Count your points, track what you eat, and sew, sew, sew.

Thanks for boosting my mind, I really make efforts by counting my points everyday and my husband needs to loose some weight too and he's ready, I think this time it's going to work and you give me a lot of motivation. Also I started to exercise more again which will help. Thank You

Margaret McBride 09-30-2010 05:56 AM

Hi there
I have been to weight watchers on/off for years.Latest is 17lbs in 10 weeks.Feel so much better for making the effort. Good luck