Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Weight Watchers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/weight-watchers-t67087.html)

EmsMom 09-30-2010 03:24 PM

I'm going to start next week - I just need to figure out which day (waiting for a friend to let me know what day is good for her).

Sounds like everyone is doing great on the program even with the ups and downs.

{bourvel} That can be sooo tough. I know how hard it can be especially when your spirit is down. I hope yours gets lifted soon!!

Grandma B 09-30-2010 07:35 PM

I did ww and lost 76lbs it works if you stay with it.

Baba71 10-04-2010 09:01 AM

WW works great if you stick to the program and use a tracker for you food intake. I'm not good at tracking and so I need to practice that more.

plainpat 10-04-2010 11:28 AM

I'm not in WW ,but getting back to using the tracker, books etc....from last time.That was about 3 yrs ago.Still need to wrap my head around the fact that I need to eat light for rest of my life.Sooner or later, it will kick in.I like reading about all the sucess you've all had with WW.

ckp11271 10-06-2010 08:05 AM

I have done it, and lost almost 50 pounds - so I know it works. I have been seriously considering joining again, because doing it on my own doesn't seem to work for me.

lizzy 10-06-2010 09:28 AM

I joined last week. I have been in WW before and it works. I always quit after I have lost 30 pounds. Of course I find them and have to start over. Staying for the meetings helps me, as does tracking points. Counting points is a great way to watch what you eat. I have to work on that. Love to be someone's buddy. Send me a PM. :thumbup:

kristen0112 10-06-2010 09:34 AM

It works. I was doing it earlier this year then for medical reasons had to quit.

sewred 10-06-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewred

Originally Posted by EmsMom
I am thinking of joining WW. If it isn't too personal . . . anyone else on the board doing WW?

I just rejoined last Wednesday! I would be glad to pm back and forth with you for support, if you need a buddy!

I weighed in today and lost 6.8 in the first 2 weeks! YAY!!!

miss phoebe 10-06-2010 12:20 PM

Congratulations!!!! I am a life time member. I hit my goal 3 months ago and weighed in yesterday and had lost 1.5lbs. My doctor had told me not to loose any more,( I'm 8 lbs past my goal)Nice to have that much to play with. But I guess I have to add more points to my tracking. Not a bad thing, if I can stay on point. Keep up the good work.

lizzy 11-15-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by smtp5
Well, I did and it went really well for a month! I am not good on following diets! But it truly works, my friend already lost 22 lbs in 2 months, counting those points! I don't have good will power!

You and I sound alike but we have to keep trying. It is hard at first to change old habits. I am finding this very hard to do but I know too many people who eventually lost their weight by sticking with it. I just joined for the 4th time 6 weeks ago. The key is to write it down and I am finding that hard to get into the habit. But, I will stick with it and hope you do also. It will come off.