Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What is on your Thanksgiving menu? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/what-your-thanksgiving-menu-t257375.html)

Billi 11-26-2014 05:28 AM

What is on your Thanksgiving menu?

Whether you are cooking it all, brining something to share or just going to eat share what your thanksgiving feast will be.

Im cooking this year we are having a very traditional carb fest of all my favorite recipes.
Turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green beans (not the cassarole) asparagus, sweet potatoes and cranberries. Mil is taking care of dessert pumpkin, and apple pie.

Oh no after rereading that I realized I forgot some kind of rolls well hell hmmmmmm I think I'll buy those everything else I am making from fresh I think I will be forgiven if I purchase the rolls.

So what are you having?

NJ Quilter 11-26-2014 06:12 AM

Going to friends and bringing wine. It's the traditional carb fest there as well with most of what you've mentioned above. (Their rolls are store-bought as well, so don't sweat the small stuff!). Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

Jackie Spencer 11-26-2014 07:00 AM

There will be 4 of us preparing our thanksgiving meal. Turkey, Ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, cranberries, broccoli casserole, corn, seven layer salad,yeast rolls, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Cranberry Bread and someone almost always ends up bringing something more. serving about 22 people at last count. YUM!

susiequilt 11-26-2014 07:29 AM

Whatever Bob Evans is serving for my son and I!

IrishgalfromNJ 11-26-2014 07:39 AM

DD is taking me to Ted's Montana Grill for Thanksgiving. I wanted to cook at my house and she didn't want to cook at all this year.

nygal 11-26-2014 07:42 AM

This is the first year my three adult children and their families are not coming to our house. My dh and I told them a few months ago that it is time to pass on the baton and they do their own holiday dinners. They each own their own homes now too. It's a lot of work and energy and a lot of activity in our house when we host. I had knee replacement a month ago an my dh is to have back surgery next month so we felt it was time to stop being the hosts. Even tho they invited us to their houses we just want to be home and do our own thing. My dh and my mother who lives with us will be having cinnamon rolls for breakfast then when ready we will be having turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, egg nog, black olives, gravy and pumpkin pie. Those are our favorites. Along with some peace and quiet!!

We still plan to continue hosting our annual seafood fest on 4th of July along with our annual pig roast on Memorial Day with all of them in attendance, God willing.

Mariposa 11-26-2014 07:45 AM

We're having similar to the above, but include cranberry salad (cranberries, oranges & rasp. jello). Also a pumpkin sheet cake-with cream cheese frosting. Yum!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

francie yuhas 11-26-2014 08:34 AM

I'm cooking most of it today,chilling it, and serving tomorrow. It's turkey,spuds,gravy,stuffing,yams,cranberry sauce,fruit salad,rolls,pies. I learned a long time ago...don't put anything new on the table unless you want a rebellion!

kathy 11-26-2014 03:57 PM

baked cornish hens and oyster (cornbread) dressing

DebLuvsQuiltng 11-26-2014 04:56 PM

Francie...my mil learned that the hard way one year. Her doctor advised her to use less salt or salt substitute... so she used substitute in EVERYTHING. It was horrible!!