Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What's for dinner?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/whats-dinner-t124313.html)

Scrap Happy 05-20-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by calano1
Wanted to add earlier ....
Curry & Rice is our go-to dish -- 20 minutes flat --- and it is njammies!!!!

**Rice obviously ...
**Fry some minced meat (beef/pork/chicken) with onions.
Add curry, cumin, coriander and if you like it hot, some chillies.
Add a tin of mixed veggies.
Some raisins, chutney if you want.
Heap ladles full on a boat-load of rice ... and slice some bananas on top.
Coconut milk adds exotic taste.

Looks delicious!! I've got to try this.

mummadee 05-20-2011 04:53 AM

linguine and clam sauce

Pete 05-20-2011 05:22 AM

I make a bunch of crepes - separate them in groups of 4 with wax paper between each, and place between 2 paper plates and then a zip lock bag.They freeze well. When in a hurry, I take them from the freezer (takes baout 10-20 min to soften) place a slice of boiled ham, slice of cheese, roll up and heat in oven for 15 min. While in oven I mix Mayo, honey,and mustard to taste, and a splash of Lea and Perrins (can't spell the "W" word) as a sauce to place on top when out of oven. Had this last night and placed asparagus on the cheese before I rolled up. I always have a frozen fruit salad (done in muffin cups) so I take them out as crepes are baking. There you have it!

calano1 05-20-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pete
I make a bunch of crepes - separate them in groups of 4 with wax paper between each, and place between 2 paper plates and then a zip lock bag.They freeze well. When in a hurry, I take them from the freezer (takes baout 10-20 min to soften) place a slice of boiled ham, slice of cheese, roll up and heat in oven for 15 min. While in oven I mix Mayo, honey,and mustard to taste, and a splash of Lea and Perrins (can't spell the "W" word) as a sauce to place on top when out of oven. Had this last night and placed asparagus on the cheese before I rolled up. I always have a frozen fruit salad (done in muffin cups) so I take them out as crepes are baking. There you have it!

Goodness!!! Do you do take-aways??? I'll have some of these, please!! :lol:

Scrap Happy 05-20-2011 05:58 AM

Do you like crockpot cooking? If so here is a link to crockpot recipes with 5 ingredients or less.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/fivein...ingredient.htm

tntgranny 05-20-2011 06:28 AM

Take out! Choice of Chinese or Mexican

Pigeon Patty 05-20-2011 06:35 AM

Ok, may sound a bit unhealthy but this is for those times you describe, so here goes.
I always keep canned chicken or canned beef on the pantry shelf, frozen mixed veges in the freezer and potatoes in our house are a stable.
Open a can of beef, cut open a bag and wash some taters, put it all in a skillet and call it stew.
For the chicken, add some frozen broccli, pasta of some sort, maybe a can of creamed soup and a little cheese if you have it and wallah~~~
DINNER IS SERVED--BON APPETIT'

kso 05-20-2011 08:08 AM

Little Smokies braised in Catalina dressing, boiled potatoes and veggie.

coffeycup 05-20-2011 09:31 AM

Cut one ham steak into bite size pieces.
take 2 boxes of augratin potatoes, mix as directed in a large baking dish. Add ham and sprinkle with about 1 cup of shredded chedder cheese. Bake for sugested time and temp for the p0tatoes(usually about 25 min.at350). Cover for about 1/2 the baking time. Let stand about 10 min to let the sauce thicken. Feeds 4

coffeycup

cr12cats 05-20-2011 12:53 PM

when i make pork chops i buy the family pack so i brown a few on booth sides and freeze for hawaiiian pork chops. then when i need them i put them in a pan with pineapple, green peppers sliced up, 1/4 c. apple vinagar,1/2 c. ketchup, 1 tbsp soy or teriyaki sauce,3 tbsp brown sugar cook on 325 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. or put it all in crock pot for 4-6 hours. then i go back to sewing or whatever. 30 min before serving put the rice in the rice cooker and let it go. sometime will call dh to bring home some rice from china king takeout on his way home. good and easy.