Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Zucchini Bread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/zucchini-bread-t289668.html)

slbram17 07-16-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7864887)
Zucchini Brownies--- 1/2 c. oil 1 1/2 c. sugar 1 egg 2 tbs vanilla blend then mix separately in a bowl- 2 c. flour 1/2 c. cocoa 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 2 c. shredded zucchini add in above wet ingredients Bake in preheated 350* oven in greased and floured 9 x 15 dish approx. 20-25 minutes. Frosting --- while brownies bake-melt 6 tbs cocoa with 1/4 c butter set aside n bowl blend 2 c. powdered sugar 1/4 c milk 1/2 tsp vanilla Blend well then add cocoa butter mix to it and blend well. Spread on warm brownies. Let cool completely then cut into bars. Makes approx. 24 brownies. These are really moist and good. Good luck and enjoy

thank you for posting your recipe.

lawsonmugs 07-16-2017 10:34 AM

Your welcome it sounds like a lot of work but it is really simple. Very good brownies and a good frosting too.

maviskw 07-17-2017 06:52 AM

Zucchini Brownies--- 1/2 c. oil 1 1/2 c. sugar 1 egg 2 tbs vanilla blend then mix separately in a bowl- 2 c. flour 1/2 c. cocoa 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 2 c. shredded zucchini add in above wet ingredients Bake in preheated 350* oven in greased and floured 9 x 15 dish approx. 20-25 minutes. Frosting --- while brownies bake-melt 6 tbs cocoa with 1/4 c butter set aside n bowl blend 2 c. powdered sugar 1/4 c milk 1/2 tsp vanilla Blend well then add cocoa butter mix to it and blend well. Spread on warm brownies. Let cool completely then cut into bars. Makes approx. 24 brownies. These are really moist and good. Good luck and enjoy

Why bother with shredding? Put all the wet ingredients into a blender, blend a little, then add enough zucchini chunks to measure 2 more cups in the blender pitcher. Blend well or blend just until all chunks have gone through the blades.

I make most of my cakes this way, but especially those with zucchini, pumpkin, carrot and such. Let the blender do the shredding/grating. So much easier. The sugar can go either in the dry ingredients or in with the wet. Stir the rest of the dry ingredients together and add the wet.

slbram17 07-17-2017 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 7865378)
Why bother with shredding? Put all the wet ingredients into a blender, blend a little, then add enough zucchini chunks to measure 2 more cups in the blender pitcher. Blend well or blend just until all chunks have gone through the blades.

I make most of my cakes this way, but especially those with zucchini, pumpkin, carrot and such. Let the blender do the shredding/grating. So much easier. The sugar can go either in the dry ingredients or in with the wet. Stir the rest of the dry ingredients together and add the wet.

Sounds like a time/energy saver...I'll have to see how my blender handles it.

lawsonmugs 07-18-2017 06:22 AM

I've only made them like I posted. Good luck with it though,

slbram17 07-18-2017 06:38 PM

Made your zucchini brownies (I did substitute applesauce for part of the oil). Everyone loved them.

lawsonmugs 07-19-2017 08:47 AM

Oh I'm glad you liked them. Aren't they nice and moist? I am diabetic and don't eat sweets very often,but I can't resist these. lol.