Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   zucchini recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/zucchini-recipe-t226690.html)

red-warrior 07-30-2013 07:12 AM

[h=2]Zucchini Casserole[/h]2 zucchini medium sized and sliced thin
1Tbsp butter
1/2 cup grated (small cubes) extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup prepared seasoned stuffing mix

Mix ingredients and bake 30 min at 350 or can microwave (time depends on microwave) till heated trough and zucchini is tender. I usually double the recipe for my large family

mjhaess 07-30-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tenngal (Post 6203411)
All purpose or self-rising flour?

I am not sure if you are addressing me about flour but I use all purpose flour.

MartiMorga 07-30-2013 08:02 AM

Oh you lucky girl, our 2 plants are barely producing and we love stuffed zucchini, sautéed with summer squash, so many great ways to eat it

missmay 07-30-2013 08:15 AM

This is a family favorite since a friend at work brought it to our Christmas Buffet, that's at least 25 years ago. Great as a meal or as a side dish for meals. I use it for brunch replacing the heavy with fats breakfast casseroles. You can also use grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheeses, make it the way you think your family will like it. Zucchini Casserole

3 cups zucchini, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup Bisquick
4 eggs
1/2 cup grated Italian cheese
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 t garlic powder
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t dried Italian herb mix

Mix everything in a large bowl and putin a greased casserole dish or a 10” pie dish.
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until top is nicely browned.
Serve hot or warm with peppers(grilled, fried or roasted), fresh tomatoes and maybe some Italiansausage. Great Meal.

Also great at room temp, can be cutinto cubes as an appetizer.

I have reduced the amount of oil to a quarter of a cup and used 2 eggs and Eggbeaters (equivalent of 2eggs) and it was just a good. Can also shred the zucchini but itdoes make the casserole a little moister. You could also add more orless seasoning.

Jingle 07-30-2013 01:23 PM

I make only zucchini bread, or I did when I grew them years ago. Now I mainly make pumpkin bread, everyone loves it.

Melinda in Tulsa 07-30-2013 02:10 PM

Love mine fried!

Pam 304 07-30-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by sassey (Post 6201400)
Zuchinni Brownies or choc cake is to die for I also grill it if we happen to be grilling.

Would you post the recipe for the Zucchini Brownies.. thanks
Pam

quiltjoey 07-30-2013 06:23 PM

sauted onions, then add thinly sliced yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook til veggies tender but still some what al dente. And 2nd best, Zucchini bread with walnuts. My DH grows tons of zucchini and squash. We freeze it and give a lot away every year. Had a lot of rain this year but still made 10-12 large loaves of the bread and put lots of the veggies in the freezer...

lmw54 07-31-2013 08:05 AM

Zucchini Relish

10 cups zucchini shredded

2 cups onions chopped fine or shredded

5 TBL. Salt
2 TBL. Cornstarch
3 sweet green peppers chopped fine
3 sweet red peppers chopped fine
1 TBL. Nutmeg
2 TBL. Black pepper
1 TBL. Turmeric
6 cups of sugar
2 ½ cups of vinegar

Put zucchini, onions, and salt in large pan and let set overnight.

Next day rinse

Stir in rest of indredients and cook for 30 mins.
Put in scalded jars and seal.
Put in canner for 15 mins.

dhanke 07-31-2013 11:11 AM

I love to make zucchini crescent pie, it was a Pillsbury bakeoff winner many years ago. It is simply delicious, and easy to make using crescent rolls for the crust, mozzarella cheese, eggs, onions and dried herbs. Make sure you brush some Dijon mutsard on the crust before baking, it makes the recipe. Just google zucchini crescent pie for the recipe, it's fabulous and the leftovers heat up well.