Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Raw Shrimp and cream cheese with crackers >

Raw Shrimp and cream cheese with crackers

Raw Shrimp and cream cheese with crackers

Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Default Raw Shrimp and cream cheese with crackers

I cannot find the exact way but I have seen for an appetizer the cream cheese on a plate with cocktail sauce dump on top and either shrimp around it or something like this, served with triscut crackers. I need to take for Saturday night party and cannot find this recipe. Can any one help? thanks ahead
Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 AM

Just google shrimp and cream cheese appetizer, I just did and lots of choices come up. Looks like you can just put the jar of cocktail sauce right on top of the cream cheese & then load up the shrimp on top, but there are variations that you might like to check out as well.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM

It is as you stated. Cream cheese, I used cooked shrimp on top of that, and that (Grandma's homemade chille sauce) the one in the cute ball shaped jar, dumped on top. I catered the Opera Guild and served platters and platters of this and it was a huge hit. Of all the different appitezers served, this was the fave.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM

I've done that one before...I sprinkled some garlic salt or powder (can't remember which-you might want to taste test) on top of the cream cheese layer and then the cocktail sauce on top, with the "cooked" cold shrimp on top of that...you can also use the small shrimp if you can find good ones.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM

I just use a block of cream cheese, jar of cocktail sauce and a can of baby shrimp.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM

Thank you for all your help. I was not putting the word appetizer in google. I found it. I was not sure if the shrimp went on the top.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 PM

I spread 8 oz. softened cream cheese on a plate...then pour a bottle of coctail sauce over and spread...then drain 2 small cans of tiny shrimp ( tuna section of your store) 0n top. Serve with crackers. I like Townhouse buttered crackers.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM

Yes, it's a block of cream cheese, a bottle of cocktail sauce poured over the top and two containers of the little
canned shrimp. Things you can always keep in the pantry and fridge for a quick appetizer. (It's never raw shrimp.)
But you can use any size of cooked shrimp, just chop it up and put over the top. Crackers of your choice for spreading the dip.