Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Recommendations for electric skillet >

Recommendations for electric skillet

Recommendations for electric skillet

Old 03-17-2021, 03:36 PM

Default Recommendations for electric skillet

Not a recipe, per se... but cooking related.

I have a deLonghi electric skillet that I use a LOT - and I like it, but the heat is uneven. I have to keep moving things around to get an even browning.

Is there any brand out there that heats evenly across the whole cooking surface?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2021, 03:44 PM

I’m a huge fan of Zojirushi products, they are pricey but last forever! I’ve have my electric skillet for over a decade with no issues at all. I have the electric skillet, rice cooker and water boiler.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-52...t.jsp?prdPV=15
Old 03-17-2021, 04:39 PM

Thank you - I'll check it out.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:14 AM

I remember using an electric skillet back when I first got married in 1972. Don't know what became of it but decided to start looking for one now that I'm having my kitchen remodeled. Found one by Copper Chef that I'm really enjoying as the pot itself sits on the burner section instead of being connected making it more difficult to clean. I can also use the pot in the oven and stove and if ever I damage the pot, Coffee Chef offers the same pot as a "on top of stove or oven" alone as my sister has one. It has handles on both sides too so easy to lift and put on the table to serve if you so choose. I'm really pleased with this electric skillet.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:26 AM

Thank you, Snooze.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

I bought a big 18" round stainless steel electric skillet. I can fry enough pork chops for the whole family at one time. LOL
It is my favorite piece of cookware. The brand is Chef, that's all it says. To have any stainless be non stick, heat the bare pan to super hot, then add the oil, bring back to high heat then add the meat.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:22 PM

Thanks, Onebyone, I haven't cooked in anything but non-stick for a long time so the refresher is welcome.

I will look it up. I think I have an ice cream maker by Chef.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

I use stainless and cast iron, enamel or plain for all my cooking. I have two All Clad hard anodized pans for sticky stuff. I was given a Blue Diamond non stick skillet for a gift. It lasted a few months of cooking eggs before it started to scratch and flake. It went in the trash. The best non stick skillet I ever had was the same ones they use at IHOP. The manager ordered me several when she made an order for the restaurant. I don't know the name of them but they lasted several years before scratching. New manager and she won't order except for employees. Anyone know the brand name of IHOP skillets?
Old 03-23-2021, 03:27 AM

I brown meat & cook bacon in my electric skillet on a small table in the garage. I store the skillet there too & cover it all with a big dish towel.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Anyone know the brand name of IHOP skillets?
I don't, but you could check out Restaurant Supply and see if any of these pictures look like the ones you used to get? https://www.restaurantsupply.com/non-stick-fry-pans. These are all made for high-volume kitchens and should be tough - and they're not much more expensive than the stuff we have to replace once or twice a year.

I ordered kitchen supplies from this company and was happy with the prices and service.