Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Requesting recipes that use Velveeta please! >

Requesting recipes that use Velveeta please!

Requesting recipes that use Velveeta please!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Default Requesting recipes that use Velveeta please!

I almost never use Velveeta...the exception would be making queso dip by melting the velveeta with some rotel tomatoes.

While shopping today, came across a great sale on Velveeta. Two 32 oz blocks for $3. Being on a tight grocery budget these days, I couldn't resist! I now have 8 POUNDS of Velveeta, and need to find ways to use it!

The biggest catch for me is that while I know that using velveeta makes the best mac n cheese....the only food in the world that my DH will NOT eat would be mac n cheese....so I need ideas other than that!

Thanks ahead of time for any input that anyone has!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:46 PM

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/velveeta.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/truste...elveeta-cheese
And if you can't find anything there, check Pinterest. Good buy! Enjoy~
Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Fudge ... yes Fudge

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...dge-51504.aspx
Old 05-20-2015, 01:36 PM

I use it in soups.... cheesy potato & cheesy spicy chicken

You can make cabbage rolls and put it in the center...nice and melty http://www.jennifermurch.com/2012/11...age-rolls.html

Melt over scrambled eggs

cheese sauce for cauliflower and broccoli
Old 05-20-2015, 04:05 PM

Yum...that fudge recipe looks good....gotta buy some bakers chocolate and try that! Cheese sauce for veggies is always a good option....and on eggs...or maybe in omelets is good too! Right now I have velveeta twice baked potatoes in the oven
Old 05-20-2015, 04:41 PM

If you make au gratin potatoes, make a white sauce and add the Velveeta.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:02 PM

Chicken Spaghetti

Texas Caviar...which is basically queso with crumbled sausage and drained/rinsed blackeyed peas. Serve with tortilla chips as a dip.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:26 AM

My mom Used to make YankeeNoodle Casserole. The recipe came out of the local newspaper. Had noodles, tomato sauce, velveeta, onions, and chopped hot dogs. It. Used to me a fav of mine. It probably does not require a recipe of sorts. Just throw it all together.

Funny story, my Dad loved Velveeta and he snacked on it. my Mom would get mad because he ate too much of it. Tupperware then came up with the Velveeta Keeper.problem solved! Dad never could find the Velveeta And Mom had it it on hand when she wanted to use it. I still Giggle at this memory.

Sandy
Old 05-21-2015, 03:36 AM

I was recently diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I would love to eat Velveeta cheese (mac and cheese or Toasted Cheese sandwiches ). I'm not anymore. Velveeta contains 420 mg/17% (daily intake of salt) - one ounce of Velveeta. The daily requirement is 2,000 or less and 2,ooo mgs equals about 3/4 tsp. You would not believe in a million years how much salt is in food for little kids, fast food shops, store bought cooked chicken, turkey, beef. Ham and bacon is a taste of the past for me. The only cheese I eat now is mozzarella and Swiss. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble as far as food is concerned, but for what it is worth, I lost 20 lbs when I quit the salt bit. Order your French Fries with no salt - I eat french fries no salt and use no salt catsup - can't tell the difference. There is a lot going on with CHF - I have it now forever - I am 76 and have a lot of quilts to make yet - Edie
Old 05-21-2015, 03:53 AM

My "kids" -- grown-ups and their boys -- like "Man Dip," which is Velveeta with Rotel and a can of chili without beans. I've tried to cut out eating chips, but this is good with celery sticks and other firm raw vegetables.