Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sweet Potato Casserole Casey IL ???

Sweet Potato Casserole Casey IL ???

We were on our last leg of a two week trip when we stopped in Casey IL and ended up at The Barn Restaurant for Sunday Buffet. It was delicious and the sweet potato casserole was so yummy. I would love to have the recipe. Would any of you in that area happen to have it. It could have been dessert and there was coconut in it, not a lot. Richards Barn Restaurant or something similar. The best buffet I have ever had. Phyllis

There is a Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey IL at 607 NE 13th Street. Their website is www.richardsfarm.com and their telephone number is (217) 932-5300 -- hope this helps. Think it was the Persimmon Pudding you ate. All Recipes has a favorite recipe for Indiana.
    Last edited by mjkgquilt; 10-17-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: adding information.

If you do get the recipe, please post it - sounds good for T'giving!

Quote Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
    There is a Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey IL at 607 NE 13th Street. Their website is www.richardsfarm.com and their telephone number is (217) 932-5300 -- hope this helps. Think it was the Persimmon Pudding you ate. All Recipes has a favorite recipe for Indiana.
    Thank you mjkgquilt. The persimmon pudding was on the dessert tables. This casserole was with the vegies etc. I do think I will try to contact. It was an unexpected fun and delicious experience and by sheer luck we beat the crowds of people with reservations and without.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
    If you do get the recipe, please post it - sounds good for T'giving!
    Please, please do! I have one sweet potato casserole recipe that I do in the crock pot that I love! I would certainly like to have another.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

So what is the one you love, cashs_mom?

I have S.P.casserole recipe I got from a woman in Fl. It's very yummy, lots of brown sugar, more like a dessert than a casserole. Is that sound like what you are looking for?

Share the recipe, please.