Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Turkey breast

Turkey breast

I got a 5 pound frozen turkey breast to fix for Thanksgiving. I have looked online for how to fix it. How have you fixed one, that turned out yummy?

Look on the internet for slow cooker recipes. I used one that called for cooking it with chicken broth and a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. Was very moist and flavorful. The crockpot keeps it from getting dry.

I plan to make this over the holidays. Love my Instant Pot!!
    https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/inst...turkey-breast/

I use this brine for all my turkeys: your could cut down the recipe to suit just the breast portion and brine time to just a few hours.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...turkey-3166866

I have never made the gravy she lists in her recipe. But the brine is superb, I take a 14-18 lb turkey and brine it overnight and then rinse carefully as not to splash everywhere, pat dry, rub olive oil on the skin and season to your own preference and roast in a 325 degree oven till done. It comes out tender and juicy.

I never stuff my turkey.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I roast our turkey in the oven in a dark blue speckled roaster. When the bird is done, I wrap the hot roaster in an old blanket and leave it for an hour. The juices settle into the meat and it’s so moist.

I love using my crockpot for a turkey breast. Makes it stay moist. If you want it brown on the outside, put it in the oven for 1/2 hour after cooking.

Power Poster
    were there any dieections in/ on the packaging?

I do it just like a whole turkey: spread the ribs out and put the stuffing under the breast and let it roast. I even do it that way on the grill over indirect heat. If you want and your pan is big enough put your veggies (carrots, potatoes, small onions or onion quarters, celery) around the breast and your one pan meal is done. I do usually start it with a piece of foil over it to get more heat concentrated in the meat and then remove it close to the end so the skin can get crispy. Enjoy.

https://www.recipetineats.com/juicy-...turkey-breast/

I tried this last year and will definitely do it again this year. The turkey was delicious.