Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Weight Watchers >

Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers

Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 AM

i am doing ww i have lost 10 lbs. in 3 weeks it is easy to follow iam not going to meetings because i have joined before and have the books . you can eat out and it is EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 AM

I am doing WW thru internet but not to great. I use to belong to T.O.P.S/K.O.P.S. and did great. Don't have one close to me so am suffering. TOPS stands for Take off pounds sensibly. Their website has a location guide if interested.. Tincan
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 AM

I just started this week too !
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 AM

I am a WW Lifetime member. Of course, I've stopped going over the years, then returned, etc., but this last time I've really stuck with it. YES, IT WORKS. Stick with it until you get Lifetime membership. Meetings then cost nothing. Your only obligation is to weigh in once a month. It forces me to remain at my goal weight and now it's as much a habit as quilting and going to this site every day. Tracking is very important. There is ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING you cannot eat, just track your points and you will meet success. Of course, excercise is encouraged. Walking is my exercise of choice and the combination has worked for me.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by EmsMom
I am thinking of joining WW. If it isn't too personal . . . anyone else on the board doing WW?
I'm on WW since Sept. 2000, I lost 45 pounds and I was doing good until last year, I gained 15 pounds and can seem to take it off. I'm a lifetime member but if you past your goal weight by 3 pounds they make you pay again and I just don't want too. So my goal now is to get back to my normal weight so I can start going in every month.
Yes it works, yes you loose weight but you have to keep you spirit up, mine is down at the moment and that's why it's not working for me
Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by bourvel
I am thinking of joining WW. If it isn't too personal . . . anyone else on the board doing WW?
I'm on WW since Sept. 2000, I lost 45 pounds and I was doing good until last year, I gained 15 pounds and can seem to take it off. I'm a lifetime member but if you past your goal weight by 3 pounds they make you pay again and I just don't want too. So my goal now is to get back to my normal weight so I can start going in every month.
Yes it works, yes you loose weight but you have to keep you spirit up, mine is down at the moment and that's why it's not working for me
YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN! Just think, it took 10 years to get that 15 lbs. back on. Count your points, track what you eat, and sew, sew, sew.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM

I rejoined WeightWatchers 2 weeks ago for the LAST time. I seem to have a different mindset this time and am really following the program. It's an "at work" program that includes access to their internet tools. We have meetings during the lunch hour in my building. I hate to track my foods/points, but being a computer geek, it's much easier for me to track on the computer. Living over here, there's a lot of "local" foods that, without the online tools, is hard to figure out the points. So this has been a lifesaver for me. And, so far, it has been working.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 AM

I started WW on 3/10/10. I was told by my doctor I needed to loose weight. I knew I needed help, so joined WW. On 7/6/10 I hit my goal and have maintained since. (lost 33 lbs) It was much easier than I had thought it would be. I am alone and only have to cook for myself, which might be why it was easier). I was going to the meetings each week. Now I weigh in once a month and still try to go to at least two meetings a month. I went back to my doctor in Aug. and he was so proud of me...as I am of my self. All blood work was back to normal. If I can do it anyone can..just had to make up my mind that this was what I had to do. (I have two small grandchildren that I need to see grow up). I have had to buy all new clothes which wasn't a bad thing. I gave all my large clothes to the mission. Good luck I know it is possible.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM

I've been a member since my daughter dragged me there the week before Thanksgiving 2002... I weighed 250, was so out of shape I couldn't stand at my sink & do dishes w/o pain in my back & feet. ( not that I WANT to do dishes.....) I had always been a healthy weight until 30, then the the lbs slowly started coming on until I quit smoking in 1999 , at 170lbs.then w/i a year I packed on 80lbs. ( I would take 200 hundred lbs if that's what it took to get off the smokes!, I had a 3 pack a day habit for 24 yrs...) Anyway... I'm down to 170, they say my goal s/b 160, my cholesterol went from 275 to 119 ini 6 months; Most days I do the program 'in theory', but I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life, when I'm not activly doing the program I'm still maintaining my weight w/i 10 lbs for the last 3 years. i've been able to start running at 45, and participated in a sprint triathlon last year. The winner finished in 1 hr 6 mins. I finished in 1hr 48 mins.... okay that's a big spread for a race, but, considering where I came from.... that's not that big of a spread! The biggest thing about WW is everyone there knows EXACTLY how you feel and think. I say find what works, somethng you can live with for the rest of your life, and stay with it; you'll have days when you're 'off' and days when you're 'on'.. but stick with it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

Yup
Bad weigh-in today; gained 1.4
Have lost 35 lbs. so far
Good luck