Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
whats your favorite? why? and would you share? >

whats your favorite? why? and would you share?

whats your favorite? why? and would you share?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Im collecting up recipies for myself so i have some new and different ones. I would really like to know what every ones favorites are and if you would share your recipie. Any will do from breakfast to deserts. ill post my favorite in the mornig . its my nannys chocolate gravey! But ist getting late here already 11:30 im going to bed and will check in the morning! thanks in advance and im sure all of the recipies will be great!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 AM

Chocolate gravey? Sounds divine! I have lots of favorites ,I really get irked with some who make a big deal out of not shareing. I will share anything:)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM

This is great the first day and when there are leftovers I make mashed potatoes and use it w/o the biscuits.

Country Chicken and Biscuits
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137411[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Attachment-137406.doc (20.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Mine is a easy Chocolate Cake. Mine is named after my sister because she taught it to me, hers is named after her sister-in-law...

Lissa's Cake

Mix or sift together (I just dump in the bowl)
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 tablespoons Cocoa powder

Add and mix:
2 eggs (medium or large)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water (yes boiling)

This mixture will look like a kids mud pie---very watery. Just mix until there are no lumps...

Bake in a greased and floured 9X13 inch pan. Bake at 350 about 30-40 minutes (depends on your oven, it cooks faster in gas ovens than in electric) Test by toothpick punched in center. It is done when the toothpick is dry.

I frost with almond flavored (DH's favorite flavoring) cream cheese frosting.

This is a very moist chocolate cake and for me easier to throw together than a box. Good luck and happy eating!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 AM

sounds great! thanks

Originally Posted by magpie
This is great the first day and when there are leftovers I make mashed potatoes and use it w/o the biscuits.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM

scratch really isnt any harder than a box --i agree-- and the results are much better!

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Mine is a easy Chocolate Cake. Mine is named after my sister because she taught it to me, hers is named after her sister-in-law...

Lissa's Cake

Mix or sift together (I just dump in the bowl)
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 tablespoons Cocoa powder

Add and mix:
2 eggs (medium or large)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water (yes boiling)

This mixture will look like a kids mud pie---very watery. Just mix until there are no lumps...

Bake in a greased and floured 9X13 inch pan. Bake at 350 about 30-40 minutes (depends on your oven, it cooks faster in gas ovens than in electric) Test by toothpick punched in center. It is done when the toothpick is dry.

I frost with almond flavored (DH's favorite flavoring) cream cheese frosting.

This is a very moist chocolate cake and for me easier to throw together than a box. Good luck and happy eating!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM

I'm waiting on that chocolate gravy recipe! <winkwink>
Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM

sorry guys i go so distracted with school work today i did 5 chapters in one class =/ took a midterm and did a test in another class. promise ill post it tomarro thers no school work to do..
Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 AM

Two favorites: First is Baker's One Bowl Brownies. Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate is sold in the orange box near the chocolate chips....follow the recipe but bake it a couple of minutes less than their time for gooeyer brownies.

Mock Cobbler

Spray-grease (or grease) a 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread two cans of fruit pie filling evenly on the bottom. Spread a box of dry cake mix over the top; spread evenly and break up bigger lumps with your fingers. Slice two sticks of butter pretty thin and arrange evenly on top of the dry cake mix.....bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and all cake mix is moistened. The fun part is choosing the combinations of fruit filling and cake mix. My favorites are peach with spice cake and cherry with devils food mix. The last one is pretty over-the-top sweet but if you need a chocolate/sugar fix....that's the one to use. I've also tried blueberry with butter cake, cherry with white cake (not so impressed) and blueberry with lemon.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 AM

I have made the dump cake with cherry pie filling (1 can) and crushed pineapple)with yellow cake mix and 1 stick margarine melted and poured over the top. Have about 1 serving left from one I made this week. Yummy!