Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Wine talk >

Wine talk

Wine talk

Old 05-02-2021, 02:52 PM

I like a good Riesling wine. I have been to several of the local wineries here in Maine as well as a few in NH. My all time favorite wine is Candle Waster, it is a cranberry wine, along the lines of a dessert wine. Perfect when put into the freezer, left for about 3 hours, then enjoyed in the shade on a hot day. It is made a local winery named Dragonfly Winery. My other favorite winery is LaBelle Winery in Amherst NH. They have the best Riesling I have ever had. They also carry sparkling wines, and make a great cranberry one. I rarely buy wine at a grocery store, I seek out local winery wines in stores.

A trick I learned at one of the tastings, if a wine taste bitter, or your not over the moon about it, try adding tonic water, it creates a sparkling wine, and a hint of sweetness to balance the bitterness. I keep small cans of tonic water on hand, just for this purpose, no point wasting a whole bottle you may not care for when trying something new.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:21 AM

We do that with sparkling water and lots of crushed ice. We call them, "wine slushies"
Old 05-04-2021, 11:22 AM

I've never tried cranberry wine...sounds interesting!