View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Debra Mc

The nerve of some people. I thought about joining this rather large guild in another town but was told by a long standing member not to bother that they had all turned into a bunch of snobs & that she was not going to continue her membership. I'm glad she told me this. Another guild a few miles away that started out real nice has been invaded by the LQS & they have taken over & want you to only use their fabric so 2 very dear & special ladies to me have since gone to another guild. Both are top of the line excellent quilters too. A couple of years ago I cleaned out the stash of stuff that my mom gave me because I would never use some of the stuff. I donated 5 big bags of fabric to a church group & thought about joining them as they sew for missions. Because I don't hand quilt (carpal tunnel both hands) & do machine quilting I was treated like the illegimate kid at the family reunion. This was by one person who seemed to run the place so I passed on it. Hey be a independent start your own group. Advertise it as have you been left out of the loop in your guild or felt like you were being treated unfair. Bet you get lots of new members.