Thread: Longarm machine
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
JoyQuilter

I purchased a Tin lizzie and like it a lot!! It just seized up on me when I changed top thread and used the connected bobbin thread. It's a very smooth machine if the quilt is elevated off the sewing platform by 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch as the manufacturer suggests. I have installed 10 foot conduit on the frame that comes with the machine so I can sew on a quilt a little over 100 inches. That's all I want to tackle. I have laminate flooring in the room it sits in and just pull one side out a little so I can access the pantograph side easily. I have it on sliders. Any unevenness can be alleviated by using two levels of sliders. I made mine out of a kitchen rug that I bought at KMart which resembles the expensive sliders at the hardware store. Just put two together with double stick carpet tape. You can cut it with scissors. I hope I can resolve this sticking dilemma so I don't have to call a repairman. I have the part that makes the stitches even but it only works as good as you are smooth and steady at driving the machine. Total price was in the 6K prlce range plus tax.