View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Lostn51
Banned

I love the fact that I am not the only parent that this has happened to.

I was working on a 1970 Plymouth SuperBird (very rare car) and I was getting it ready for a paint job when my son was little. He would always come out to the garage and watch me work. Well he was watching me work on the car and as I walked away to get something I heard a "dink dink dink" noise and I walked over to the passenger side of the car. He had on of my BIG Snap-On wrenches hitting the side of the car helping me with the body work. :shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

He was around 4 or so and all I could do was laugh and tell him that if he wanted to work on a car I would get him one of my old beat up pedal cars for him to work on. So I gave him a body hammer and I helped him by holding the dolly behind where he was hitting and he beat on the pedal car for an hour or so until he said it was ready for the paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is times like this that makes parenting worth everything in the world. My wife has it on video some where tucked away. He was so proud of himself and I enjoyed taking time out just for him and letting him do "Big Boy" things. In fact this was about a couple of years before he was completely non verbal.

Billy