Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Teacup

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I have 3 ideas floating around in my head on what to do with all of these uglies. One is a definite go, and you'll be surprised with what I'm going to do with 1/2 of it.

The other 1/2 of the fabric I'm still debating on. I can't imagine having all of these in one quilt so I think I'll somehow break them up.

I'm very open to ideas and suggestions, so feel free to chime in on how to turn these uglies into something pretty!

Congratulations! I voted for you!
OK, if you want people to chime in...depends on if you want to create ugly or pretty. You mention pretty. From the beginning of this contest I was thinking that a Sunny Lanes quilt could turn these uglies into something surprisingly pretty! I've got the book Nickel Quilts and the pattern is in there, but I've also seen it elsewhere. Check out Pat Speth's site at www.patspeth.com and go to the Workshop/Lectures page, which has a photo of Sunny Lanes. Right underneath is Jacobs Ladder, which might be another great option. Using black or a soft neutral with scrappy blocks could really unify everything and make it all work, and maybe the uglies wouldn't stand out! You might get every fabric in one quilt! Of course, Bonnie Hunter has great scrappy patterns on her Quiltville site, http://www.quiltville.com/. I can't wait to see what you come up with! We'll be watching!