View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I heard the same thingon Clark Howard, I think it might be called something like Malware? They put the ad on your computor, and it is **ll to get it off. They do want you to buy there protection, but I guess sometimes that doesnt even work! Hope your Hubby is doing okay!
If it pops on your screen and says you need to buy their product that is a virus. I have just battled two differant ones in the last 3 weeks. My daughter did the system restore when I got the first one and yesterday I had to do it again.

They pop up and tell you your being infected by an outside source and they are the ones infecting you. Don't click on anything other than to close out the window. The first time I had one after several days I clicked on the ok and it took over my whole comp. I couldn't even get access at all. This time I didn't do anything but close out windows.

I tried all the programs everyone suggested but the only thing that worked for me after getting the virus was to use the recovery. It blocked all the files I downloaded and it blocked my malware and spyware programs. I had just purchased Malwarebyte malware and I had a free version of Superspyware. I'm no geek but I am learning!!

I now have added Spy Doctor and TrendMetro. I hope this will keep me protected.'

Don't trust anything unless you downloaded the program from online.