View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Pam B

I also suggest you go to as many dealers as you can reasonably visit. Unless you are wanting to embroider, as well, you should be able to get a good machine in your price range that will do what you want it to do.

I have 2 Vikings, a Lily and a Rose (that I inherited from my late MIL). Do I wish I had a fancier machine that would 'do it all'? Of course I do. However, with 2 college students that is not going to happen. Even when I do get the opportunity to upgrade, I will trade in the Rose and keep the Lily. It is not an expensive machine but it is a workhorse, and it is the one I really do prefer to sew on.

If you have a LQS that you prefer, give them the first opportunity to sell you a machine. It just happens that my favorite LQS sells Vikings. If they sold Bernina's, then that is probably what I would have. Then, see if they have any trade-ins that you could buy. You could possibly get 'more machine' that way than by buying a brand-new machine.

Everyone has given you great suggestions. Be sure to let us know what you end up with!