View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Sewslow

Originally Posted by belmer
I am so sorry to here about your bad experience at JA's
They just don't know how to make good customer service people any more. You would think with this economy the way it is, those big stores would be begging for good customer service. Nobody should ever have to put up with that crap.... I would go straight to the top with it, and tell them they need to re-train their emplyees at that store, because word of mouth can travel like wild fire.Glad you at least have another JA's you can go to, even if it is farther away, the sad thing is.... Is you shouldn't have to do that. I definately would try and contact The Upper management.
I did go to Upper Management -- not any better. I wanted to buy a Sullivan Hobby Table with my 50% off coupon. Since our Joann's store is clear across town, I called to make sure they had it. They had only one, it was $149, and they agreed to save it for me. Since they usually put everything one might want on sale so the coupon can't be used, and since I would have to drive several miles, I checked to make sure I could use the coupon. She said, "Oh, no. That's the sale price." I pointed out it was $149 everywhere else, including Joann's online. When I asked to speak to the manager, he was less than courteous said the regular price was $229 and it was higher than other places because it was "specially made for Joann's," although I found no indication of such on the Sullivan site. I even called Joann's corporate office because this was the latest of many and the highest priced annoyance I've had with Joann's. No more productive but a little more courteous, To make a long story short (too late for that :), I used the coupon and got it for half price at Joann's online. Of course I paid a total of $26 for "special handling" and shipping, but got it delivered right to the door. I like it, but "Assembly time: 30 minutes" is a hoot. It took me that long to read the instructions.