View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:12 AM
sewjean

Originally Posted by Nonna Judi
Hi everyone. I just had to get this off my chest! I know this has been discussed on the board before, but today was the first I saw it. I went to one of our local quilt shops today to treat myself and redeem a gift certificate my significant other gave me for Christmas. I WAS APPALED TO SEE THE PRICE OF FABRIC AT $10.59/YD.....Are you seeing this price increase in your area also? We live on a fixed income and I try to economize where I can, using my JoAnn coupons, buying online or buying in bulk at times. Am I just being cheap at being ruffled by these crazy prices or am I just out of touch with reality? Your thoughts?
I'm with you the prices are sky-high! I went to LQS and paid 14.99 per yd for backing for GS quilt.It easa 105 wide that is why I think it was more expensive. I told her I didn't want to spen that much and she gave me 10% off. I bought 2 1/2 yds. It is nice but not that nice, and I have leftover for the binding. But I llove to make the quilts so I sve where /when I can then it isn't so bad once in a while