View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Lockeb

Are our LQS's, there's not a lot worth buying under the $15-18.00/Meter..and that's only 3in more than the yard :-)

I took a course at a LQS a few years ago - for a Table runner...doesn't require a lot of fabric..but the course and the materials (that we had to buy at the store) was almost $125.00.....

I've paid as high as $10.95 + tax for 1 spool of cotton thread (and I'm not talking cones)... :-)

I have purhased some fabrics from Connecting Threads...whom I love....

I am checking out some on-line stores from the U.S. - have to be careful because as some stated - the shipping costs are so high that it can cost more than the order just to have it shipped and then we need to pay duty when it crosses the border...(Connecting Threads takes are of that and shiped via the Canada Post System which is wonderful).

I have even started to look for books and patterns from on line stores...actually, now purchasing books out of England....and having them mailed to me in Canada...especially sewing books printed there because the books are costing a lot less that way - even considering the postage.....

I am amongst the quilters who believe that the American Quilters and sewing are so fortunate to have so many shops and so many avenues to shop......I would love to have the opportunity - I did get to a Jo-Anns yesterday to pick up some Calico's that I needed for a project - it was almost 2 hours each way just to get there (upstate NY)....the prices were great - and a there was a sale there on the Calicos yesterday.....but even with the travel - the extra expenses for gas, meals and whatever,,it's still worth it and costs a ton less - and the variety in the U.S. stores is just so wonderful....