View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:31 PM
great aunt jacqui

my mom died during a terrible blizzard. We were called to the hospital and I picked up my older sister and we drove the 30 miles in the snow. I never took my hands off the wheel and followed a mail truck all the way. We got there in time and had some words with her and she fell asleep and was gone. The roads were trecherous and we debated whether to stay or try to get home. I heard my sister say ok baba(our grandmother) then turned to me and said we'd be ok they will go before us so we'd get home safe to our kids and husbands. We did get home and were snowed in for 5 days having to put off the funeral and wake. We spoke about baba and mama and my daughter said she drempt of us driving home and the snow melting in front of us. and gramma told her she would see us later. she was 8.
My 34yo neice died unexpectadly 4 years ago. She always said that if we find pennies or dimes that means she is watching us and loving us. Never a week goes by that I don't find pennies or dimes. and it makes me feel hugged.
My dad was also selfish and had many other women in his life. my mother remained with him. I feel a lot better knowing if he makes it to heaven at least my neice is there to protect her from his shenanigans. He is 93 and still going strong. all but one of my sisters has forgiven him but as my mom used to say forgive by never forget.