View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:38 PM
jcrilley

I know the feeling. Several months ago I dreamed of my mother who died a slow death, suffering from mini strokes. She was unable to talk, could barely swallow and could do nothing but sit, tied in a chair for the last three years of her life. However I could look into her eyes and know her mind was in tact and knew everyhthing that was happening to her. For nearly 25 years this was the way I was remembering her until.... I dreamed we were having a summer family gathering. Mom and Dad came and I helped her out of the car - she could barely walk, all bent and gray. I got her seated a table and sat down opposite her. During the conversation whirling around us, I glanced back at her across the table and she was young and beautiful, and I felt a profound peace and calmness about her. She looked at me with those same eyes only now there was no pain - only calm peace. This dream has been such a gift to me. In a sense it gave my mother back to me - the mother I grew up with. I feel now she is truly in a beautiful place and at peace. I don't have the depressing thoughts of her any more, just that inner AND outer beauty I saw in the dream. God works in mysterious ways!